Bay Area Rock Fest- Friday AM announcement

Hehehe sorry man... but money's an issue right now... I'm moving and I need all the $$ I can get my hands on... Plus, I've got to get $$$ for PP this October... I must prioritize

Stripped of my title.. no way dude!! Deep down some of the CG boys like me... just a little.. ;)

Thanks to all of you for ordering your tickets over the past few days-- we are on the way to a great show! If you are coming out, please jump over to my forum and let me know you would potentially like to come out early for a pre-party--

Thanks!

Guys-- I am posting some travel information on my site-- for those of you coming from the east coast, there are $200 fares on Delta on Yahoo out here.. Additionally, I am using a hotel called the Grant Plaza Hotel which will give you good rates--

You have no excuse not to come out here!

$200? I must confirm! Sadly flying to Texas from Atlanta costs a lot more than flying to California...

Everybody... You are feeling sleepy, very sleepy.... When I count down from five you will make your reservations and come to San Francisco and have the time of your lives....5.....4.....3.....2.....1..... Ahhh blissssssss......

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DC COOPER CONFIRMED AS SPECIAL GUEST OF BAY AREA ROCK FESTIVAL, GUITARS NOT GUNS ADDED AS OFFICIAL CHARITY.

Bay Area Rock Promotions is pleased to announce that DC Cooper has been confirmed as a special guest of the Bay Area Rock Festival. The current Silent Force lead singer and former Royal Hunt frontman will make a guest appearance onstage with one of the bands on the first night of the festival.

Additionally, portions of the proceeds from the festival as well as the March 24th headlining show with Enchant will benefit the local chapters of Guitars Not Guns.

DC Cooper will be promoting the new Silent Force album “Walk The Earth” available on AFM Records, as well as “Genius Rock Opera” Episode 3 on Frontiers Records and Steel Seal “By the Power of Thunder” on Underground Symphony Records (Italy). Additionally, he will be announcing his new project Amaran’s Plight on ProgRock Records with Gary Wehrkamp from Shadow Gallery, Nick D’Virgilio from Spocks Beard and Under the Sun’s Kurt Barabas. Their debut album “Voice in the Light” will be released in the late spring.

DC began his stratospheric rise through the melodic rock and metal world after being named as a finalist for Rob Halford’s position in Judas Priest. This led to the collaboration with Royal Hunt and the critically acclaimed album “Paradox”. DC received the honor of “Top Vocalist” from the Japanese magazine BURNN! 2 years in a row during this time. DC released a solo album in 1998, and joined the German melodic power metal sensation Silent Force for 4 albums and tours with Stratovarius, Angra and Kamelot.

“I am thrilled to attend this festival with some of the finest names in progressive rock and metal” comments DC “I am looking forward to visiting with all the great people at this show and delivering a great performance on Friday night!”

The final lineup for the festival will be as follows:

Friday May 4th Saturday May 5th
Timeline Odins Court
Mob Rules Eyefear
Balance of Power Zero Hour
Enchant Crimson Glory
Spocks Beard Jon Oliva’s Pain

Guitars Not Guns (GNG) is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that provides guitars and lessons to foster children, at-risk youth and other deserving children, serving kids and teens ages 8-18. Guitars not Guns provides youth a positive alternative to the self-destructive behaviors of substance abuse, crime, and gangs through opportunity, encouragement and empowerment. National sponsors of Guitars not Guns include Gibson Guitars and Bill Graham Presents.

Bay Area Rock Fest will take place on Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th at The Independent in San Francisco. Tickets are available through TicketWeb.com. Only 500 tickets will be made available to the public. Ticket costs will be $85.00 for the festival covering both nights.

For more information, please contact david@bayarearockfest.com
Website information:
Bay Area Rock Fest www.bayarearockfest.com
DC Cooper www.myspace.com/dccooperofficial
ProgRock Records – www.progrockrecords.com
Guitars Not Guns- www.guitarsnotguns.org

Additionally, portions of the proceeds from the festival as well as the March 24th headlining show with Enchant will benefit the local chapters of Guitars Not Guns.

Guitars Not Guns- www.guitarsnotguns.org

This is awesome…what a fantastic cause!

Hopefully, I’ll be in attendance NEXT year…I’ve already committed this year’s “spring break” travel $$ to trek to Cleveland for an O2’L show.

:)

Just wanted to confirm one more detail-- Just spoke to the BOP guys and in addition to their great set they will be doing with some new material-- they also will hopefully be doing a Magnitude 9 song

A few more things--

For those of you who can't make the whole show, I have decided to do single day tickets. The single day tickets are $48.00 for each night..

Furthermore, I am posting all the videos of the bands on the new YouTube channel for Barfest-- this has all the commercials that we will be doing along with other videos from the band-- I just posted up some really cool Spocks Beard footage..

www.youtube.com/barfest.

See you there!

Furthermore, I am posting all the videos of the bands on the new YouTube channel for Barfest-- this has all the commercials that we will be doing along with other videos from the band-- I just posted up some really cool Spocks Beard footage..

www.youtube.com/barfest.

See you there!

Hey Dave, great idea for the BARFest youtube channel. I particularly enjoyed seeing the Savatage Hall of the Mountain King video. I saw them on this tour, a great classic metal album:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: ...been a long time since I saw the video though...

2 Weeks left until the first Bay Area Rock Fest!! Get your tickets now-- I am also doing single day tickets for $48 for those people that can only make one day. Also check out the YouTube Barfest channel -- lots of cool stuff!

BAY AREA ROCK FEST RELEASES VIDEO PRESS CONFERENCE, LAUNCHES YOUTUBE CHANNEL AND ANNOUNCES SINGLE DAY TICKETS.

Bay Area Rock Fest has released footage from a local press conference which was shot with members from Enchant, Zero Hour and Timeline discussing the first annual Bay Area Rock Festival with video clips from the recent Enchant show in the Bay Area. Additionally, footage from all the bands performing at the festival has been added to the site including some rare Jon Oliva and Spocks Beard footage. The link is www.youtube.com/barfest.

Single day tickets are now available for Friday and Saturday nights at $48.00 in advance or at the door. Festival ticket prices remain the same at $85.00. Tickets are available through Ticketweb.com or at the Independent Box office.

Bay Area Rock Fest is a progressive rock and metal festival which will take place on Friday and Saturday, May 4th and 5th at The Independent in San Francisco. Confirmed acts include Jon Oliva’s Pain, Spocks Beard, Enchant, Crimson Glory, Mob Rules, Balance of Power, Zero Hour, Eyefear, Timeline and Odins Court. DC Cooper has been confirmed as a special guest of the festival. Proceeds from the festival will benefit Guitars Not Guns, a national charity that brings music lessons and guitars to inner-city youth.

Woot! Timeline, Mob Rules, Balance Of Power, Enchant, Spocks Beard on Friday.... huhuhuhhuhh cool

Odin's Court, Eyefear, Zero Hour, Crimson Glory, Jon Oliva's Pain on Saturday!! huhuhuuuuhhhhuhuh very cool...

It's gonna be a great show....

Looking forward to seeing many of you in San Francisco!

Woot! Timeline, Mob Rules, Balance Of Power, Enchant, Spocks Beard on Friday.... huhuhuhhuhh cool

Odin's Court, Eyefear, Zero Hour, Crimson Glory, Jon Oliva's Pain on Saturday!! huhuhuuuuhhhhuhuh very cool...

It's gonna be a great show....

Looking forward to seeing many of you in San Francisco!
Same here dude!! ANd you know exactly where I will be Friday night too -- ENCHANT BABY!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Of course, you also know where I'll be Saturday night... ;)

Less than two weeks!