Bay Area Rock Fest- Update

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

Bay Area Rock Promotions is pleased to announce the 2nd annual Bay Area Rock Festival at the Independent in San Francisco on June 27th and 28th 2008. Liquid Tension Experiment and Jeff Scott Soto will headline the premier west coast festival for progressive and melodic music.

In 1998 and 1999, Liquid Tension Experiment released two instrumental albums that set the prog world on fire. The project featured Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci , virtuoso keyboardist Jordan Rudess and bass legend Tony Levin. After the success of the two albums and the project's undeniable chemistry, Rudess was asked to join Dream Theater full-time and the project was put on the shelf for an indefinite hiatus until now! The quartet has reunited to revisit the magical music they created 10 years ago and tap back into their chemistry for a whole new musical experiment. They are closing out their limited tour on Saturday night as the headliner of the festival.

Jeff Scott Soto headlines the first night of the festival, bringing his talented mix of rock, metal and funk back to San Francisco after recently fronting Journey. Joining him onstage for a special guest appearance will be Dave Meniketti and Phil Kennemore from Y&T, as well as Eric Martin.

Returning to the festival for a 2nd year are Bay Area bands Enchant and Zero Hour. Zero Hour is debuting their new album “The Dark Deceiver” available on Sensory Records. Making their North American debut Saturday night is Netherlands prog metal sensation Sun Caged. The Rocket Scientists with special guest Lana Lane will be appearing on Friday night. Additional bands will be announced at a later date.

Tickets for the festival will be on sale Sunday May 4th at Tickets.com. 2 day discounted festival passes will be available as well as single day tickets. Only 500 tickets will be made available. For more details visit www.bayarearockfest.com or www.independentsf.com

BARFEST IS BACK!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Looking forward to David...:kickass:

OK guys-- last 2 bands are going to be announced this week-- one will be an oddball that many of you would not pick, and one will be a sure-fire hit-- Hang tight for more details!

Concerto Moon from Japan is confirmed for their first US appearance at the 2nd annual Bay Area Rock Festival. Led by guitar maestro Norifumi Shima, the group is celebrating their 10th anniversary as the leading hard rock band of Japan by releasing a new studio album and a CD/DVD retrospective. Concerto Moon’s unique compositional style and fluid guitar arrangements has led them to opening act slots for Yngwie Malmsteen and Symphony X, while headlining numerous shows in their native country.

Bay Area Rock Festival is a two day annual festival which features progressive and melodic rock and metal from around the world. The festival will be held this year on June 27th and 28th at the Independent in San Francisco and features Liquid Tension Experiment, Jeff Scott Soto, Enchant, Zero Hour, Sun Caged and the Rocket Scientists with special guest Lana Lane. Tickets are available through www.tickets.com. For more information, visit www.bayarearockfest.com

Sweden’s Darkwater is confirmed for their first US appearance to complete the lineup for the 2nd annual Bay Area Rock Festival. Their debut release “Calling to Earth to Witness” on Ulterium Records distributed in the US by Nightmare Records blends progressive metal with melodic flourishes and swirling keyboards that draw the listener to a musical headspace similar to that of Dream Theater and Symphony X.

The running order of the festival will be as follows- Both nights will start with doors at 6:30 and show at 7PM. The order will be as follows:
Friday June 27th-
Concerto Moon
Rocket Scientists with Lana Lane
Enchant
Jeff Scott Soto and Friends

Saturday June 28th
Darkwater
Sun Caged
Zero Hour
Liquid Tension Experiment

Bay Area Rock Festival is a two day annual festival which features progressive and melodic rock and metal from around the world. Tickets are available through www.tickets.com. For more information, visit www.bayarearockfest.com

OMG! Where have I been??? I did not know that Jeff Scott Soto was going to be there and we've already made plans to go to FL on vacation that week. Bummer... :( I love JSS!!

So who's coming to BARfest!! It's going to be so F'n Awesome this year!!
I am just totally :kickass::headbang::kickass::headbang::loco::loco: inside!!!:lol:

Darkwater
Sun Caged
Concerto Moon
Zero Hour
Jeff Scott Soto
Liquid Tension Experiment
Enchant
Rocket Scientists w Lana Lane....

:headbang:

If you're not coming...:loco:

I'll see you all at Progpower though....

Rock On!

Brett

Can I get someone to review CONCERTO MOON's set for a magazine?

It'll go in a magazine for English-speaking fans of Japanese bands called Five-For Magazine. No one on the staff lives in the area or could go to BAR Fest, but it's a personal mission of mine to get CM's review in the next issue.

Any volunteers? :cool:

All- I have posted a pretty massive write-up on the festival for this year-- Im not going to post it here on this thread because of its size-- if you are interested, please visit my forum----