Bay Area Rock Fest- Friday AM announcement

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Book your Calendars now for San Francisco for Friday May 4th and Saturday May 5th- the Bay Area Rock Fest is a reality! I am going to announce the festival details, the venue and the ticket prices this Friday AM.

The festival is going to be held in the city of San Francisco at a venue that seats approximately 550 people. The club has the best sound of a club its size that I have ever seen- I am very confident that the bands and the fans will enjoy this. I did not want this to be in a suburb or something where you all would miss out on how beautiful our city is. This is in a good area of San Francisco (not like the Pound, for those of you who went there) that has a lot of good food a block away, and is very close to some of the famous San Francisco sights.. For those of you Texans who are coming in—there is the best barbeque in town right across the street!!

There will be two classes of tickets—there will be an all-weekend festival ticket, and a special sponsor/VIP ticket which will give the holder the ability to view the show from the VIP balcony on top of the club, have cocktail waitress service and receive a free festival Tshirt. There will be a VERY limited number available of these available. I am offering these to the ProgPower and UM forum crowd first.. Please contact me if you are interested.

A few things about the bands—First of all, as I have stated in my other posts, I am NOT going to compete with the other festivals on bands—I have worked with Glenn as well as MADFEST and the Chicago PowerFest to make sure that we are all booking different bands. The bands on my bill will all be different.

There will be 9 bands total- 4 on Friday and 5 on Saturday with a different theme each night. In addition to the band merchandise, the plan is to have a CD vendor present for everybody to grab their haul--

A few teasers on the bands themselves.. There will be a band from a country that has never played the festival scene here.. There is an exclusive North American appearance from a former ProgPower headliner. There will be an appearance by a legend in the metal scene. There will be an appearance by one of the bands that is on the UM Forum that many of you are friends with and have seen. There are a couple of bands that will be controversial choices, and make some of you scratch your head—That is the fun of it all!

I am going to work very hard to make sure that we deliver the best possible experience for you all to come out here and enjoy San Francisco and the show itself. San Francisco in May usually has great weather- it is before the summer fog comes in, so it is generally very pleasant. Im looking forward to hosting all of you in the best city in the US!!

Thanks to Glenn for his valuable advice, and the Chicago PowerFest and Madfest teams for working with me to make sure that we deliver the best metal on the planet..

Stay tuned for more details on Friday !!

This show sounds so awesome. Oh boy, if it isn't all ages, I'm really gonna blow my brains out on this one. I already got screwed over with the Enchant show :(

Can't wait to hear who the bands are!!!! I've been meaning to make a trip to SF for a while, and this will finally give me an excuse to travel cross country to Cali.

Hopefully it'll warrant the 6+ hour car ride from Long Beach......if so, count me in!
Well, I'm already looking into the 5+ hour flight that it will take, so I hope a 6+ hour drive is OK. ;)

BTW, PP is a 12 hour drive for me and that is beyond worth it! Already making plans for that too! Here's something... Powermad (the breeding ground for PP) was only a 40 minute drive from my house and I'd still rather drive 12 hours to Atlanta! :kickass:

Damn-- I can't believe that somebody found out "She Bangs" was my favorite tune of all time-- I was hoping for the Dream Evil version, but I had to settle for Hung-

I heard you're also hiring Simon Cowell to give everyone their own personal berating as they enter the venue each night... Just to bring up the aggression level...