Bay Area Rock Fest III---

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Plans are underway for the 3rd installment of Bay Area Rock Fest III. The dates are not set yet, but we are looking toward sometime in May before the European festival season and Memorial Day. I am talking with several headliners at this point, and many mid-tier slots and opening acts. If all goes well, we will have the complete festival announced by the end of the year so that people can properly plan their travel. I know it was difficult for many people to come out this year based on the late notice.

If all goes well, we will be upgrading the venue this year-- The Independent was perfect for starting out the festival- it has great sound, good people, good equipment and was very easy to work with. I realize that many people have complained because there was no place to sit down, plus the parking situation etc. We will have an all-ages venue that will be more comfortable for everyone.

As far as the bands and theme of the festival, that is being carefully considered for this year- There will be the usual mix of Bay Area bands, European bands, as well as hopefully another Pacific Rim band. There will be some different themes touched on in our festival which will make it unique, and worth attending on its own, rather than a direct competition with any other festival out there..

As I have always stated-- I want to make sure that we are doing something different and unique in the scene--

If you would like to be involved in the festival in an capacity-- suggestions, ideas etc-- please visit our forum--

Thanks again to Glenn for helping build this great scene and giving me the inspiration to live out my dreams--

Good to see you guys got Eyefear last year and are considering another Aussie band (or NZ hehe) for this year. Nice.

The first two were amazing, looking forward to BARfest III!!!

By the way how many more of you so called fans are going to make it out this year!? It was awesome seeing Wayne and BJ there last year! I travel to Atlanta every year for progpower and I know a lot you need to get yer arses out to see BARfest because it rules! And I know this year will be no exception...

Went to the first, missed last year. I guess it will depend on some things, but hoping to make the next one. Time if year looks good so far.

A venue within walking distance of a hotel would seal the deal for me. I suffer from serious directional impairment. If you give me a simple set of directions like, “go to the light and turn right”, I will have *completely* forgotten which way to turn by the time I get to the light.

I would never survive a weekend in San Francisco with a rental car! :lol:

The first two were amazing, looking forward to BARfest III!!!

By the way how many more of you so called fans are going to make it out this year!? It was awesome seeing Wayne and BJ there last year! I travel to Atlanta every year for progpower and I know a lot you need to get yer arses out to see BARfest because it rules! And I know this year will be no exception...

You found me out. Total metal poseur here.

A venue within walking distance of a hotel would seal the deal for me. I suffer from serious directional impairment. If you give me a simple set of directions like, “go to the light and turn right”, I will have *completely* forgotten which way to turn by the time I get to the light.

Actually, they're working on picking a new venue..the frontrunner looks like a beautiful place and is very convenient to food AND hotels, so getting to and from the show AND finding convenient food should be much easier next year. :)

Ever thought of buying a GPS device? That may help the directionally impaired! :loco:

Yeah, I gotta get me one of those. :)

Actually, they're working on picking a new venue..the frontrunner looks like a beautiful place and is very convenient to food AND hotels, so getting to and from the show AND finding convenient food should be much easier next year. :)

SWEET - thanks for the info!

This is how it works for me in SF....

Step outside to the curb and yell TAXI!!!:lol:

Works every time.. And like Jax said if they seal the deal on the new venue it's in a more hotel friendly area of the city...:kickass:

This is how it works for me in SF....

Step outside to the curb and yell TAXI!!!:lol:

Works every time..

:p I've never been to San Francisco, so I wasn't sure how prevalent cabs were at odd hours of the night. That definitely wouldn't work at Center Stage at 2:00 in the morning!

Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity for my first visit this spring. :)