When the Eagle Cries and Matts leaving the band...

Iced In Flames

Shredderite
Jan 26, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
Ok. When the Eagle Cries. I still dont like the song. And I dont like even more the high note at the end on fo the song. But. Heres what I do like. I noticed that Matt was doing the backing vocals. And it made me think of my comparison of the singers. Tim sings kinda shallow and empty to me in that one, and when you hear Matt he sounds truly into the music. Doing the little embellishments on the notes to make them great. Up one for Matt :)
And though I'm as angry as anyone over 9/11 I find it tasteless to make a song about it. Alot of people have done that. Not saying Jon is trying to cash in but I dunno, he's talking about an unprovoked attack that awakened a great mighty beast. Well thats ok but thats an ego thing and so far we aint doin shit in Iraq! haha

Now Matts reason for leaving. I dont know if I really believe that or not.
Matt is a huge Patriot and wants to help his country out yeah? Ok thats cool. Good for you. But why when Iced Earth are doing a album about the United States basically, does he then leave? He wanted to put Ghost of Freedom on Horror Show and what not so that seems like a weird reason.
Just a thought.

Iced In Flames said:
And though I'm as angry as anyone over 9/11 I find it tasteless to make a song about it.
I agree, the lyrics irritates me and reminds me about the wrongs in US foreign policy. A big part of the "revenge" will do no good and the priorities are wrong and will provoke more hatred and loss of life

but of course I harm the loss of the ones that died in 9/11

I'll just make my own interpretation about the lyrics if I start listening to it a lot. But yeah,the original lyrics are pretty stupid from what I understood by just trying to listen to them.
Jon's just pretty much another american thinking that USA did nothing wrong in order to get attacked like that. Still,no reason for a politics discussion so no more about that.

I didn't even hear Barlow.

symphony: As much as our goverment tells us we(the US) werent attacked for no reason at all. Alot of people in the middle east in particular hate us for helping other countries. Take Osama. We trained and funded that asshole. Then we got on his bad side and he now wants to kill any American he can. ANY.

I love my country, but I hate the people who run it.

I must be lucky. I love my country. I work for the government. I generally support our leaders. I'm a happy guy living the American Dream in sunny Southern California.

By the way, I finally received the single and enjoy it, though it sounds like a different band after only listening to it twice. I really want the new album and to see a show in order to form a complete opinion.

icedsymphony said:
Yea your right horseman no more about those 3,000 people who got vaporized one morning before their morning coffee because of what reasons?

Look at Djöfull's post...that's what I'm saying. Of course the people in WTC didn't deserve it,but saying that USA is all innocent,like Jon is trying to,is fucked up.
As I said,no need to go into the politics side of it. Just think before you start with the sarcasm.

That's not sarcasm. It's a fact. The guy said in his post that Jon is just another american thinking that the U.S. did nothing wrong to get attacked like that. So you then agree that 3,000 CIVILIANS deserved to get vaporized because why. Give me a good reason, and not just that CNN recycled aljeeezeery horseshit. I want real bonafide facts and information!
Oh I forgot this is the internet, nevermine.