When trance music meets metal?

red_f0x

Dec 20, 2008
hi folks,

I have been wondering what are basic tricks DJ's use while creating trance tunes, I mean that catchy feel when listening . There should be some notes progression, fairly common to all tracks I've listened. Got clue?

P.s anyone knows any basic plugs DJ's use to create really ambient feel, really transparent tunes, ex: Armin van Buuren.

Just in case: I am a diehard metalhead, however the symbiosis of metal meat and trance soul would be nice to hear.

Cheers!

try reason or fl studio there both pretty standard. i know bass hunter used fl studio

There's Enter Shikari, too. But it's total floppy fringe type stuff, but I do enjoy Take To The Skies a fair bit.

There's Enter Shikari, too. But it's total floppy fringe type stuff, but I do enjoy Take To The Skies a fair bit.

Was going to mention them. My brother tried to make me listen to their new album, but I bailed...

Waltari did some great stuff in that vein though.

Dude Neon Christ city sounds so fucking awesome I want to have a baby killing rave. :kickass: Who knew double bass could be so dance-able.

Cheers,
George.

If you want something a bit more extreme, then my band Vortech has a few songs that feature some trance-y elements among the ambient/industrial ones:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEKz6MiC35k&fmt=22[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVjt5BBvipA&fmt=22[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip84MRxjqIg&fmt=22[/ame]

Thanks for that Marcus. I somewhat forgot how awsome Bob's material is. Did he ever end up releasing that?

Yeah, I downloaded most of it from soundclick and pretty regularly groove to it - and last I heard, he was still working with Trevor on getting the vocals done, so I guess that's the main limiting factor! (though he might have other stuff going on in his life that could also explain his absence on here, who knows)

Aah, still here lads!

Just lurking more at the moment and having to deal with some other more important aspects in life as well.
We (Trevor and i) are still working on material including some wicked new stuff! and we should have some a demo done soon.. If all goes well we will still release a full album through the internet and/or through a label if there is interest.

Cheers for all the comments on neon city.. that is going to be re-recorded with vocals for sure, i dig that one as well.

Cool to see you round these parts Bob. Just as with Splatt, I'm really hoping you swing a release soon. Your tracks have been floating around in their demo states for years here now!

IMO one of the coolest techno-metal parts ever is at 2:06 of Zyklon's 'Zycloned'. I love industrial metal. IMO it brings the best of both genres and should have been the way forward for metal, rather than all this core douchebaggery. I hope one day I get a chance to focus on my guitar playing again, after becoming more comfortable with synthesis. All my shit will be hard ambient djent fusion

Was going to mention them. My brother tried to make me listen to their new album, but I bailed...

Waltari did some great stuff in that vein though.

Take to the Skies is actually pretty good imo.

I had high hopes for the new album as potentially I can imagine the whole metal/trance crossbreed being pretty epic. But it was complete and uttter fail in every aspect. The production is shite, the songs are shite, they were shite at Download.

There was one moment in the new album where I thought they were going to claw it back, the kinda music box type bit in Antwerpen, seemed like it was all going to get a bit epic, but then they just start going "da-da, da-da-da-da-da-daaaaa, da-da-da" and completely fucking ruin it.