When trance music meets metal?

For trance synth nothing beat the Nexus 2 by ReFx. It's a rompler.
It's the world first synth right now and the sound design is by Vengeance how's the reference for techno/trance stuff. A bit pricey thought.

I use it on all my tracks, for background etheral, rythm, lead... in fact for a lot of things! Tons of presets that are very usable.

(ps: songs on my myspace have been made more than one year ago, and there's no Nexus on them. I'm rerecording them professionally right now)

For trance synth nothing beat the Nexus 2 by ReFx. It's a rompler.
It's the world first synth right now and the sound design is by Vengeance how's the reference for techno/trance stuff. A bit pricey thought.

I use it on all my tracks, for background etheral, rythm, lead... in fact for a lot of things! Tons of presets that are very usable.

(ps: songs on my myspace have been made more than one year ago, and there's no Nexus on them. I'm rerecording them professionally right now)

great stuff and agreed on nexus, it's fantastic! :kickass:

Yeah nexus is a killer synth:kickass:

Your stuff are great too!

Maybe I should put my latest work with some nexus+moog+new guitarsound(R-121 is incredible!)+SSD3.5...
The problem is that the mix is terrible as I haven't receive my new monitors (mm35) and my room isn't treated yet. (just moved in a new town).
And I'm more into death melo/ electro kind of stuff than indus/trance.

I have a little side project which is metal/trance/pop/electronica/ what ever you want to call it, i know most of you on hear are die hard metal heads (which isnt a bad thing) but you will more than likely refur to me as a "floopy fringer" but anyway heres my page.

http://www.myspace.com/pybuk

Massive, Reaktor, etc from Native Instruments works great.

Nexus is good. If you want a nice lead, check KVR's V-Station. There's LOTS of stuff you can use.

Check Glitch or Effectrix for some weird cool effects to play with if you ever want to get into that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really well done in trance/electro/metal style!
Good melodies and modern riffing.
Too much "clean pop" singing for me, but it fit well.
Well produce too.

I think the most difficult part in this kind of music is to find synths that are not "too kind", to keep a "metal" feeling. Easy to say, hard to do. I'm tweaking synths and effects for three days now without finding a sound that fit the song I'm working on! F***....:cry: