When will In Flames stop making terrible music?

You'v got to take into consideration how long he has been doing it aswell. He has been singing since around his late teens and now he's in his early thirties. No matter how well trained you are your voice is going to be affected in some way or another. Take Jonas from Katatonia. He lost the ability to do death metal vocals untill relatively recently. Obviously different people have different tolerances hence why i think that Anders saying he cant sing in the old style circa Colony is a perfectly valid reason.

Thats just my 2 cents!!:)

Hmm. you are right. I should have thought about how long he has been doing it. But that is still no excuse for the shitty riffs and emo ass lyrics

not money-wise, he isn't. "Everyone" loves his "growls",except for people who are genuinely interested in music, which sadly aren't the majority of us.

Oh yes, money. Such a shame what money can do to a band, just a quick look on In Flames' homepage....Oh! Will you look at that, an In Flames skateboard. Jesus fucking christ what more does this band have up their sleeve? An In Flames version of the Kiss Kasket?

There's an interesting different between Jonas and Anders though. Jonas can sing, Anders cannot.
:lol::lol:

I've heard some really really dodgey live recordings of Jonas. As in up there with Anders on his off days. Still though Jonas is one of my favourite vocalists. Nothing is going change that!

Never understood the band success.

Listen to the first five albums. They are probably the best band of the Melodic Death Metal sub-genre. Nowadays, they have gotten worse over time but they are still much better than most mainstream Metal bands, which explains their mainstream success.

Listen to the first five albums. They are probably the best band of the Melodic Death Metal sub-genre. Nowadays, they have gotten worse over time but they are still much better than most mainstream Metal bands, which explains their mainstream success.

I wil dude. I know them since Clayman.

Blah. I seem to be the only one here who likes the late material....
But....there's too much fill-out tracks on the 2 latest and R2R. In my opinion. the best In Flames albums are:

1. Soundtrack to your escape (the 3 last songs on that album is gold.)
2. Clayman
3. Lunar strain
3. Come clarity

...but that's just my, my own, my precious opinion