When will In Flames stop making terrible music?

But seriously guys, what were you expecting? The last 2 albums were pure crap, R2R was just decent, colony/clayman were inferior versions of whoracle which it must be said was vastly inferior anyway to their earlier stuff. Compared with that very questionable history, the new album stands up quite well.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? ^^
Hey that's the weirdest combination of preferences of In Flames albums I've ever seen.

But actually I've first found people on this forums who even declare most of their older songs shit (and by that I mean albums TJR to Clayman). So that means, you're one of their die-hard fans compared to most people here ^^

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? ^^
Hey that's the weirdest combination of preferences of In Flames albums I've ever seen.

But actually I've first found people on this forums who even declare most of their older songs shit (and by that I mean albums TJR to Clayman). So that means, you're one of their die-hard fans compared to most people here ^^

:erk:

Basically the In Flames elements are still the same.
If you want to listen to (melodic) death metal, listen to their side projects (Dimension Zero / Sacrilege). Very good stuff. But there is definately something within In Flames which makes me listen to them. In Flames has never stopped producing fine melodies, finer than a lot other bands, but that depends which type of melody you prefer. They just changed the sound around. I can listen to Moonshield, and I can listen to Alias, and say, yes that's In Flames.

And, nobody tells you to like it. But I'd really like to use the word "changed" instead of "fallen" ;)

Basically the In Flames elements are still the same.
If you want to listen to (melodic) death metal, listen to their side projects (Dimension Zero / Sacrilege). Very good stuff. But there is definately something within In Flames which makes me listen to them. In Flames has never stopped producing fine melodies, finer than a lot other bands, but that depends which type of melody you prefer. They just changed the sound around. I can listen to Moonshield, and I can listen to Alias, and say, yes that's In Flames.

And, nobody tells you to like it. But I'd really like to use the word "changed" instead of "fallen" ;)

I agree. I was a huge In Flames fan when Whoracle came out and I got Jesters Race then also, and they rocked. The next 2 albums were good also but the band started to evolve their sound, yeah to a more commercial big production sound. But I dont think they ever turned to utter crap. The last few albums have just been mediocre. I enjoy them when they come out for a few spins but there isnt something truly spectacular that gets me hooked and rallying behind the band like in the late 90s. But Im not going to hate on them cause I think there are waaaaaay more bands out there that suck worse than In Flames.

The new album is not fantastic, but its ok. I enjoy some of the catchy hooks like in the song "Alias" and I still very much enjoy In Flames riffs. I like figuring some of them out when I hear a new album from them. I am though very bothered by the lyrics of the band, they used to be so cool about weird alien worlds of the Jester Race but now they whine about how life sucks... thats lame.

ahhhhh shit, another in flames cd release and yet another "let's rag on in flames beavis and butthead style" fest.
c'mon people, don't just say this sucks or that sucks without justification. give reasons why you dislike their music, for example, you could say you liked in flames when they were a death metal band but find their changes unnecessary or unwanted. don't just say in flames sucks, or anders sucks or whatever negative things you have to say about the band.
that being said, i personally am a big fan of in flames and have been for very long time. i like all the albums except for a few songs off of soundtrack to your escape. who the fuck cares if they've changed styles? does that make them sellouts? are opeth sellouts for making an album that reached the billboard 200 for having a more accessible style to mainstream music fans? the point i'm trying to make is that bands change styles all the time, and you all are entitled to your opinions of course, but it's truly disheartening to see opeth fans who have reasonable intellects and good musical tastes resort to elementary school criticisms.

Well, seeing as how every cd after clayman exists is enough justification to say that the music change is indeed shit. If you knew a thing or two about music you'd realize there was no point in changing it to what it is now, unless you want to alienate your original fanbase that made you successful in the first place. Why do it? I can't comprehend it. Why do you think Opeth is so amazing? They can constantly change but not produce fucking shit music with each album that they release. Sure, one release might not be as good as the other but for fucks sake at least they still try.

Fuck, at this point most new In Flames fans would agree that if they made a new cd with backstreet boys and claim it's a step in the right direction and they would consider it "changing for the better" or "oh you'll get used to it, its only change" with such ignorant dribble that I've come to read.

So, back on topic, when do you think In Flames will stop making terrible music and actually try for once?

ahhhhh shit, another in flames cd release and yet another "let's rag on in flames beavis and butthead style" fest.
c'mon people, don't just say this sucks or that sucks without justification. give reasons why you dislike their music, for example, you could say you liked in flames when they were a death metal band but find their changes unnecessary or unwanted. don't just say in flames sucks, or anders sucks or whatever negative things you have to say about the band.
that being said, i personally am a big fan of in flames and have been for very long time. i like all the albums except for a few songs off of soundtrack to your escape. who the fuck cares if they've changed styles? does that make them sellouts? are opeth sellouts for making an album that reached the billboard 200 for having a more accessible style to mainstream music fans? the point i'm trying to make is that bands change styles all the time, and you all are entitled to your opinions of course, but it's truly disheartening to see opeth fans who have reasonable intellects and good musical tastes resort to elementary school criticisms.

i couldnt agree more!

It's not that we don't have reasons to dislike In Flames, it's just they're mentioned so frequently and abundantly we don't really feel the need to mention them anymore. They suck because they haven't done anything new on the last couple of albums, and they're dumbing down their music to fit better and better into mainstream (metal) which they're pretty much kings of now.

The only way that In Flames would quit writing shitty music would be for them to break up. They have given some lame ass excuses for having their new sound, like they cant play the old stuff well live and Anders' new voice is easier on him. I am a metal vocalist myself and his new voice sounds fucking hard as hell to do.

Anders' new voice is easier on him. I am a metal vocalist myself and his new voice sounds fucking hard as hell to do.

You'v got to take into consideration how long he has been doing it aswell. He has been singing since around his late teens and now he's in his early thirties. No matter how well trained you are your voice is going to be affected in some way or another. Take Jonas from Katatonia. He lost the ability to do death metal vocals untill relatively recently. Obviously different people have different tolerances hence why i think that Anders saying he cant sing in the old style circa Colony is a perfectly valid reason.

Thats just my 2 cents!!:)

If Anders can't do his screams like he used to then the band should either sack him or he should step down. He's obviously holding the band back.