When You Master Your Instrument (Jon Gomm - Passionflower)

You can't exaggerate something that is definite... it either is, or it isn't.

DarkTom666 0 - 1 proffessorlamp :heh:

You can exaggerate anything you want. There's no law stating whether or not something is subject to exaggeration.

Anyways, this is not the point of the topic.

I don't think Andy Mckee ever sang or messed around with the tuning knobs, but he's still an incredible player.

It seems like these past 2 (?) years, more and more players of this same style have been emerging.

This is a cool one !

My problem with this type of playing is that it always sounds the same, and I find the sound kinda lacking fullness. I watched his other songs and they aren't as interesting, and it gets boring so fast imo.

It also has a high wow factor : with some practice you can play a few things that would impress youtubers, while you would still have problem passing a correct strict picking exercise. I'm not denying his particular skills, just that with a little tapping on open chords and some rythm you can build up a song in this style.

It reminds me I need to practice guitar myself again, but I haven't had the chance in 4 months and it's not going to happen soon !

BTW random info : andy mc kee is touring with dream theater http://www.andymckee.com/news/

Anyways, this is not the point of the topic.

Some may say it's... OFF-TOPIC

spongebob_large.jpg

Okay im done :lol: