Where Death is Most Alive boxset?

Headquake

Jan 17, 2003
London, Canada
Visit site
Sorry if this has been discussed already but i couldn't find anything (not that I looked too hard). Nuclear Blast has a boxset, 2cd and 2DVD items listed at their mailorder under the title Where Death is Most Alive. Anyone know what these consist of because there's no mention of anything on the homepage? I know their upcoming tour is called this but.........
The link to NB site is here: http://www.nuclearblast.de/showShopSearchResult.php?npos=0&search=dark+tranquillity&searchtype=all

Does any one know if this DVD(from NB) will be region free(play in all regions) or will it have a code?
As I live in the USA (Region 1), Germany is Region 2
I know some CM DVD releases are region free
I have a region free DVD player but its had a mind of its own lately -

Not much info yet on this release from the NB site. I'm sure when Century Media release it, it'll be region free or NTSC format. Chances are the NB version from the German mailorder will be PAL format

^ Not really since the name of the DVD was known before.

This is great news! I was really hoping that there would be a special limited boxset of the release, and ta-daaah! My wish has been granted! :) I'll obviously order the limited version :kickass: .

Me too !:Smokin:

Great news !

Me too !:Smokin:

Great news !

Good for us :p !

I think the boxset will only be manufactured in germany, just like C.M. did with Arch Enemy's and Nevermore's. ;)

Yes of course, mail-order editions (at least from Nuclear) are only available at NuclearBlast.de . I can't wait!!! But maybe it'll be available in the US since CM has been releasing lots of boxsets recently, but it obviously won't be as pretty as the German one :) . I wonder if there'll be a limited Japanese release….

oooh. They better be releasing this worldwide, or at least in region 0 so I can play it on region locked dvd players here in Australia.

??? I live in the USA and buy many DVDs and I'd say that 99.9% of them are coded Region 1
In fact if a person is buying a Region 0 coded DVD its 99.9% chance
that it is a bootleg or some Chinese/Russian knock off -

This is correct. Finding a legit Region 0 release is extremely rare these days - much rarer than ten years ago (when some companies simply didn't bother to region-code their releases). I have no idea where Defiance got his idea that Region 0 is more common nowadays, it certainly has no basis in reality. I'd say practically all the Region 0 DVDs sold, for example, in ebay are illegal bootlegs.

I recall I was very surprised to find Live Damage to be Region 0, as already back then those were becoming very rare - of the 500+ DVDs I've bought since, I think 2 have been Region 0 (both were legit Hong Kong releases).

Of course, nowadays everyone I know has a region-free DVD-player.

-Villain

This is correct. Finding a legit Region 0 release is extremely rare these days - much rarer than ten years ago (when some companies simply didn't bother to region-code their releases). I have no idea where Defiance got his idea that Region 0 is more common nowadays, it certainly has no basis in reality. I'd say practically all the Region 0 DVDs sold, for example, in ebay are illegal bootlegs.

I have a couple boxes of A Sense of Purpose left which I got from NB mail order: DVDs are coded PAL, but stated to be ALL REGIONS.

Before speculating get in touch with NB - I'm pretty sure they'll be able to dot all the i's when they know about it.

I have a couple boxes of A Sense of Purpose left which I got from NB mail order: DVDs are coded PAL, but stated to be ALL REGIONS.

Yeah, exceptions do exist (and prove the point). I found three more legit Region 0 DVDs from my own collection, so that's about 1% of the DVDs I've bought in the past five years or so. In case you happen to have a significantly higher amount of them in your collection, let me know, and I might change my opinion.

-Villain