Where did "Eviol Cruelty" go?

Wikipedia said:
The Muzak corporation is perhaps the best-known supplier of such music. In fact, the term muzak has become a generic epithet for excessively bland music. However, the Muzak Corporation moved away from this type of image, for the most part, in 1997, [1] and now uses only "original artists" for its music source, except on the Environmental channel.[1]

Either makes sense in the context of the song really.

if you even knew what muzak actually meant, then you would realise it's the perfect title for the song. it's not lame. you are.

Well I haven't looked that deep into the lyrics of that album, I know its a concept about a serial killer or something and thats all. Sorry, god of all that is Porcupine Tree.. :worship:

Well I haven't looked that deep into the lyrics of that album, I know its a concept about a serial killer or something and thats all. Sorry, god of all that is Porcupine Tree.. :worship:

"not looking deep into the lyrics" isn't the same as 'thinking muzak is a misspelled version of music', EPIC FAILLLLLLLLLLLLL

Also, it's not a concept album about a serial killer, that was some weird rumor going around back when it first came out that's been smashed into dust. But yeah the lyrics mostly are terrible, don't read them itwill ruin the album.

"But it´s made by millionares that´s nearly twice your age"
Steven isn´t nearly twice my age but is he a millionare?

homeryr7.jpg

Neither. I´m fully aware that the lyrics are an attack against people who only make music for money, as well as the consumers who swallow that kind of music.

Yep, but that specific part is about "music of rebellion" which a lot of people (yunger ones in particular) associate to. Mostly because they actually feel "rebelious" and want their music to be like that as well. The thing is that that kind of music is usually not made by someone who really feels that way, but by someone (usually rich, wanting more money) who exploits the "need" for rebellion. If that makes sense.