Where do you guys get your speakers from? + how much to pay for 2nd 1960A cab...

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
As the thread title really guys. Know any repuatable/cheap online speaker sites that stock celestions in the UK? Cant find anywhere!

Ive recently noticed that theres a marshall 1960 onsale at the fleece in Bristol, so ive gotta make an offer. I was thinking about £200, but what do you reckon?

Should this be succesful... i reckon i might stick some v30s in there, or how about x pattern of stock gt speakers and v30s if its worth it!
Then grab a 5150 and be well away...

I dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but is it advisable to install two v-30 speakers in a 1960A babinet? I'm wondering about this as well since I allready own a 1960A speaker cabinet.

Jackal_Strain said:
I dont mean to hi-jack your thread, but is it advisable to install two v-30 speakers in a 1960A babinet? I'm wondering about this as well since I allready own a 1960A speaker cabinet.

I think people seem to do it... and may refer to it as the x pattern but not sure. People have definitly done it on this forum tho, as i did a little searching earlier.

i've got two eminence governers (which are very similar to v30's) in my 1960a in an x pattern and really like it...it's thicker, and warmer, with a nice midrange growl it never quite had before

Yes, it's just a couple of wires you have to solder. They will fit, they are the same size around, and the cone is the same size, the only thing you would have to worry about is the magnet, but the Marshall 4x12 cabinet has plenty of room for really any guitar speaker you can afford. ...starting to reminesce about my days when I would install car stereo systems with subs...

Also, as far as price goes on the Marshall cab...dude like it matters? As long as it's still standing, find the cheapest you can get your hands on. It's a Marshall cab, if it's all torn up (tolex) or has marks on it...big deal, it's a freakin tank. Unless, of course, you're someone who doesn't like scuffed up stuff...I really don't mind things like that, however, I bought all my cabs brand new. Two gt12t75's and two V30's in an x-pattern would be killer. Very successful setup. Good luck Kev! :)

~006

006 said:
Yes, it's just a couple of wires you have to solder. They will fit, they are the same size around, and the cone is the same size, the only thing you would have to worry about is the magnet, but the Marshall 4x12 cabinet has plenty of room for really any guitar speaker you can afford. ...starting to reminesce about my days when I would install car stereo systems with subs...

Also, as far as price goes on the Marshall cab...dude like it matters? As long as it's still standing, find the cheapest you can get your hands on. It's a Marshall cab, if it's all torn up (tolex) or has marks on it...big deal, it's a freakin tank. Unless, of course, you're someone who doesn't like scuffed up stuff...I really don't mind things like that, however, I bought all my cabs brand new. Two gt12t75's and two V30's in an x-pattern would be killer. Very successful setup. Good luck Kev! :)

~006

Thanks for the info as always 006! :wave:

Suicide_As_Alibi said:
Bah, outdone by a special offer :yuk:

Steve

haha, yes ;) But still, thankyou for the link :headbang: