Where has Dave been?

I'm out here. Right now I'm on the mend from a case of food poisoning. Ate a combination burrito from a place that deals in brains and tripe and paid the price.

Goddamn...man. My fucking joints and bones ached like hell from it. Came close to falling off a bicycle and not being able to make it home when it struck me from out of nowhere.

No fun.

Anyway, yeah....I have been quiet. Spending a lot of time in libraries scrolling through microfilm or flipping through fragile old periodicals from the 1910s.

It is going to be one of those year and a halves for me. Back in 2003-04 I bought tickets to shows and ended up not going and purchased CDs and filed them away to listen to later because I was so consumed with the past.

I've got some other people to argue with and feathers to ruffle, and I have been devoting a lot of attention to that.

In addition, almost everything is packed up in boxes in the apartment, and we don't know where we are moving yet. One of two places--but didn't know for absolutely sure that we were moving until about a month and a half ago--so I've had to do a lot of things I thought that I might be able to put off now.

Did start something and got about 1,500 words into it, but had to drop it fot the time being. If I am able to finish it at some point here in the next few months--it could bring a little excitement around here.

Been listening to a lot of DiMeo-era of late.

I'm glad I'm missed. :)

Fun stuff. What's the 'topic' of contention in the other area of your life?

And sorry to hear about your food poisoning. I've had it before too and it absolutely sucks.

Cheiron said:
Fun stuff. What's the 'topic' of contention in the other area of your life?
Interpetations of the past.

There are so many angles to it that it is hard to sum up in one short statement, but the main battlefield is to prove that a political group who have been portrayed as parochial simpletons without an orginal thought in their head were profound thinkers who still speak to us today.