Where is the best place to buy used cd's?

The Ragman

New Metal Member
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
I need to fill in some gaps of my collections of metal bands. I'm looking for a place in Orange County or Los Angeles. Also is there a place you can get local bands' cds like Psydafect?

Not sure about local bands. But if you are looking for old, out-of- print or hard-to-find CDs or LPs (if you are old enough to know what an "LP" is), you can find them on ebay, half.com, and amazon.com. I found some great deals on used CDs, e.g. Antrhax's State of Euphoria for $2!

In OC for CD's you may want to try 'Moby Disc' in Huntingtin Beach. Also in Costa Mesa there is a 'Moby Disc', 'Second Spin' is pretty good, 'Discount Records' and 'Noize Noize Noize' off Harbor Blvd have quite a few used CD's and LP's.

Originally posted by ROTLD
Also in Costa Mesa there is a 'Moby Disc'

Moby Disc in Costa Mesa closed several months ago. Currently, it's being used to sell Hickory Farms X-mas stuff.

Another favorite place of mine is Middle Earth in Downey. They do have used stuff. But, they specialize in import stuff. That's where I got the majority of my cool stuff, including a video tape of IM during the Killers tour. Whatever your looking for, if they don't have it, they can probably get it, just ask them. It's on Lakewood Blvd just south of the 5 frwy in Downey. (Next to old original McDonalds).

Originally posted by Red Shirt
Another favorite place of mine is Middle Earth in Downey. They do have used stuff. But, they specialize in import stuff. That's where I got the majority of my cool stuff, including a video tape of IM during the Killers tour. Whatever your looking for, if they don't have it, they can probably get it, just ask them. It's on Lakewood Blvd just south of the 5 frwy in Downey. (Next to old original McDonalds).
they still stock vinyl, even current releases. that surprises me every time i walk in there

I appreciate all the responses. I only knew of one of those places and that's the one that is now a Hickory Farms. I can now find my used CDs and buy a beefstick. Hell Yeah!!!!!!

Originally posted by The Ragman
I need to fill in some gaps of my collections of metal bands. I'm looking for a place in Orange County or Los Angeles. Also is there a place you can get local bands' cds like Psydafect?

There's a great place right near where I live in L.A. called Soundsations. It's on Sepulveda Blvd, just north of LAX. As you go north of the airport on Sepulveda you'll hit a busy commercial area, and Soundsations will be on the right, just before the Staples store.

It's fantastic. Two guys own it, they are always there and are real music fans. They let you listen to CDs before you buy, most of the stock is used, and they have tons of things most chains never carry, like t-shirts, special promo releases and box sets.

Originally posted by The Ragman
I appreciate all the responses. I only knew of one of those places and that's the one that is now a Hickory Farms. I can now find my used CDs and buy a beefstick. Hell Yeah!!!!!!

Actually, you can! The Hickory Farms store is just down Newport from Second Spin. :D

Also, check http://www.secondspin.com and http://www.ebay.com for used CDs. I found a used CD from Non-Fiction that I was looking for on E-Bay.