where to eat

For anyone looking for a unique dining experience on Saturday try heading to the Varsity before the GT/Kansas game (kickoff is 12:30). The place will be wall to wall people going to the game. We didn't even bother trying to find a table last time, at that was on a Thursday night before a game against Western Carolina! Legend has it on game days the Varsity serves more Coke than any other single location in the world...

Is this the poor excuse for a pizzeria? Yes I'm from New York and yes I'm Italian! And yes if it is what I'm thinking, that place sucks! Was always curious to try Veni Vidi Vici! Anyone ever go there?

I think you may like Varasano's Pizza.

Varasano's Pizzeria
2171 Peachtree Rd. NE, Atlanta GA 30309
(404) 352-8216
1.66 miles from venue

www.varasanos.com

Open: Mon-Thu 5:30pm-10pm; Fri-Sat 11:30am-1am; Sun 11:30am-10pm

~Jen

Thanks Jen, appreciate the heads up. Could always go for a good slice!

You're welcome! It's gotten excellent reviews and they're open until 1am on the weekends. G & I luv it. The owner is from NY:

Originally from the Bronx, Varasano moved to Atlanta in 1998, and soon realized the style of pizza he was accustomed to finding at every turn was not to be found in the Atlanta area. For a man with pizza in his blood, this just would not do. So he set out to perfect his favorite New York pie from Patsy’s in East Harlem.

~Jen

Woah, never heard of Varasano's. Definitely gonna have to check it out!

nightwish58, I dunno if you're gonna have a car, but if you do, I recommend checking out Antico's Pizza by GA Tech. It was recently ranked the best pizza in America by Festa della Pizza and definitely compares to the slices I had when I visited Italy a few years ago.

Is this the poor excuse for a pizzeria? Yes I'm from New York and yes I'm Italian! And yes if it is what I'm thinking, that place sucks! Was always curious to try Veni Vidi Vici! Anyone ever go there?

V.V.V. is pricy, but it is the bomb diggity in Italian cuisine. Very solid, very good management, very fun, basic Italian cuisine. Upscale place, but I've never had anything there that was not awesome. My old firm just kept loading gift cards to take people there for lunch, celebration happy hours, etc.

Reminds me: I need to make sure I go to that Shout sushi place.

Shout (and it's sibling Twist) are fun sushi/tapas places. No, it is not a Japanese/Spanish thing - it is a conceptual thing. Sushi and tapas follow the same premise - lots of little plates that allow you to enjoy a lot of different flavors.

I've never eaten at Shout, but I have eaten at Twist dozens of times - always solid on the food, usually a raucous fun vibe inside.

V.V.V. is pricy, but it is the bomb diggity in Italian cuisine. Very solid, very good management, very fun, basic Italian cuisine. Upscale place, but I've never had anything there that was not awesome. My old firm just kept loading gift cards to take people there for lunch, celebration happy hours, etc.

Thanks for the info on VVV - I too have always been curious about this place.

Just a friendly FYI on VVV - it's upscale and delicious! *If* the maitre'd allowed you in, you would be extremely out of place in PP attire. :)

~Jen

Is Tuk Tuk Thai still open? I see the Kroger near the Super 8 it's right next to listed on facebook, but not it...