Question to the Atlanta Locals...

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Some firends and I, who are arriving on Wednesday night, were wondering if there's anyplace fun to hang, eat and drink that's near the venue. If not, is there anyplace that comes recommended in Buckhead?

Thanks,

GZ

depending on what your bent is, the closest thing to midtown/buckhead that has a good music mix is the armory. there are also tons of bars in that area that have decent music and decent prices on drinks. i'm in the goth scene, so i'm pretty much stuck with what i know, which are goth nights.

Buckhead will certainly give you your greatest combination of restaurants with something to do afterward:

www.buckhead.org/bars/

The heart of Buckhead is probably around 3.5 miles from the venue.

If you want to hear some live rock -n- roll, you may want to head over to Little 5 Points (about 5.25 miles from the venue), and hit 9 Lives Saloon:

www.9livessaloon.com/

Wednesday nights are typically reserved for a band called 'Bitch', who speacialize in AC/DC and Motorhead covers, with some Stones thrown in.

If you choose this option, I would recommend dinner beforehand at The Vortex:

www.thevortexbarandgrill.com

If you're just looking for a nice place to have dinner and hang out where you can hear yourselves talk, I would recommend the Park Tavern at Piedmont Park (about 1.8 miles from the venue):

www.parktavern.com/

After dinner, there's a billiard hall called Dupree's within walking distance from the Park Tavern, if you guys wanted to shoot some pool, toss some darts, etc.

http://www.digitalcity.com/atlanta/bars/venue.adp?vid=36684&type=overview

Boy James, you have this shit down!!! :)
We should meet sometime for dinner during Prog...you and Kathy think about where and we will meet up with you guys.

rottingflesh said:
Boy James, you have this shit down!!! :)
We should meet sometime for dinner during Prog...you and Kathy think about where and we will meet up with you guys.

Sounds great!

I'll let Kathy know, and we'll figure something out :headbang:

I think Fado has decent trad. irish music on wednesday nights...well, I'm into that anyway. Guaranteed to have Guinness on tap at least.

James,
I will see you guys at the preparty and we will make plans there. Hopefully I will be feeling good enough to push myself that far. Can't wait to hang again..had so much fun with you guys last year.
Linda

Fado's is alright (very near where we were last year), and the Vortex definitely rocks. The Vortex is in Little 5, which can be an interesting place and very different from our last year's Wednesday night festivities, Greg.

Let me know your thoughts.

Anyone else have any plans for Wed night?

Shaye

lady_space said:
Fado's is alright (very near where we were last year), and the Vortex definitely rocks. The Vortex is in Little 5, which can be an interesting place and very different from our last year's Wednesday night festivities, Greg.
Shaye

There is also a Vortex on Peachtree between 7th and 8th, which would be much closer than L5P...but I've only been to the one in L5P, so I don't know how the Midtown location compares (probably not quite as entertaining!)