Where to start?

Lord Lemons

May 1, 2007
Okay, I really want to learn how to play Classical guitar this summer, and I just bought a Classical guitar. But I really dont know where to start. There are many, many resources on the internet, but I dont know which ones to trust. In about a month or so I am going to get a teacher.

And a question for Chris

Are you still giving online lessons (Via WebCam)? Would It be worth it to start learning from you now, as a begginer, or later on, when I have more experience?

ive played for a little, but i wanna get a teacher this summer

i'd suggest starting with something easy to get patterns down, like well tempered clavier, or moonlight sonata, then move up to classical gas

Definately find a good teacher if you can. I think it could save you a lot time and work and especially get your technique off to a good start.

You will probably want to pick a method book or maybe a couple. I mainly worked out of the Parkening methods (volume1 and years later volume2) myself and lots of song books. Looking back when I was younger I kinda wish I would have worked through a few methods simultaneously, if nothing else for supplemental material.