Where were you in 1995, where are you today, and where will you be in 2015?

'95 - between Junior and Senior year of HS. 16/17 yrs old. two semi-serious relationships. Just getting into metals and progs after years of Grunge/Alternative.

'05 - Employments w/o purpose. Listening to good musics. Good relationships with women.

'15 - Proving that Plutocracy CAN be achieved. In a happy relationship with woman

1995 - Was 8 years old, don't really remember much.

2005 - In sixth form, have no idea what I want to do with my life.

2015 - Hopefully settled down with a nice girl in a 4 bedroom detatched house in a nice area with a nice car and kids on my mind. I'll probably be a down-and-out heroin-addict prostitute, though.

1995 - not quite ready for work and beginning to unsuccesfully chase the girls

2005 - not getting enough work and no luck with the ladies

2015 - either on the unemployment line or a go nowhere office position, in a meaningless relationship

1995 - 9 years old, had just moved from an eventful city to the arsehole of the universe. Started a new school and hated it. Started learning the piano.

2005 - Moved from arsehole of the universe to where I lived when I was 8. First of a two year diploma in graphic design. Very happy in my potential line of work. Getting payed a bottle of bourbon for every poster design I do. Also designing my old 'zine, Northern Shadows which is finally back in action. Still living with parents, no current job.

2015 - Hopefully working as a reputable freelance designer. Have a few famous band's artwork under my belt. Earning enough to pay a mortgage, a nice motorbike and a seperate room/archive for my album collection.

1995 - I was 7 years old. My 2nd grade teacher reccomended counseling for me when I cracked a joke about suicide (a joke that ANYONE would have picked up if they weren't retarded). My parents knew it was all bullshit, but they had to go along with the school or face the law. Basically, I had to talk to a shrink for a while, and I had no idea what the fuck was going on. Turns out that next year, I was "suddenly" perfectly fine and they didn't understand how quickly "I turned around". This, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of why fundamentalist Christians should be eliminated.

2005 - 16 years old and almost finished with my Junior year in High School. Starting my first real job in a couple of months to pay for the Volvo wagon I'll be getting soon :headbang: It goes without saying around here, but I play in two bands- Noltem and Wind Through the Trees. No girlfriend, obviously living at home, deciding to go into History for college.

2015- I'll be 26 years old (wow) and hopefully I've just finished getting my PhD in Folklore from some obscure mountain school. Wind Through the Trees has ended sometime in 2006 after Bob and I both leave Connecticut and Noltem has a few albums and has progressed into something very unique, while still sticking to its original ideas. I'm using my knowledge to write books, and I'm making money doing audio production or working in some sort of store that involves music or musical instruments.

1995 - High school boredom par excellence. I have very few recollections of this period now. Always got pretty high grades, always content with uneventful weekends between football, tennis, whatever pals I could convince to do something else than hanging around in bars all day long and in the dance club at nights... Musically I was nothing. A few months away from discovering almost simultaneously Pink Floyd and Enslaved' "Frost". Loved both. The tables were turning...

2005 - Moved one country to the North. Around-the-clock slave in a media company on the verge of being crushed by its competitors. Life quality currently at its unhealthiest ever. Addicted to way too many musical territories. Slowly moving away from black metal as main core of interest though.

2015 - If I don't get a new life within the six upcoming months: dead. If I do, who knows? Probably leading an unspectacular existence mourning the wreckage of musical industry.

Erik said:
In Sweden, we get money for going to school.

This is hopefully and probably only a way to give you a small part of what you pay in taxes back to you. I mean, c'mon, why give money to bleedin' school kids? Piss off to Sweden and their way of financing lazy pupils' record collections! Only poor pupils get money in Norway. (N)

Erik said:
So tell me Henrik "kjæmperolig rompetroll" Main, why is it that your record collection is puny compared to mine?

Rolig means "lazy" in Norwegian, not "funny" :)

As for my record collection - you already know the answer to this one, I've got a computer worth about $2200. I've also got about $24000 in teh bank :) Saving is a good idea.

I have come to the conclusion that I am the American version of Henrik. I have an active social life, and make out with hot Norwegian women daily. Discuss.

Erik said:
OK, so I was owned by you yet again. Have mercy on my miserable soul, Henke!

Erik, it's alright, it's alright. Calm down, sonny Jim.

Marksveld said:
I have come to the conclusion that I am the American version of Henrik. I have an active social life, and make out with hot Norwegian women daily. Discuss.

:lol: It's and honour to be compared to Max "Infernal Carnage" Johnson!