Where were you on 9-11-01???

Trevor Lane

Guits/Vox - Battle Cry
I was promoted to SGT in the US Army on 9-10-01. The next day started like any other, with the exception of some extra excitement on my part. I came in to work at 0530 in the Ft. Meade Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS) Ops Center (OC)and began my first day as someone with authority in the military. at about 9:00 am, we got a teletype message from Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Continental US (CONUS). They told us of a "accident" where a plane flew into one of the twin towers. So, we killed the Nugent CD we had playing and turned on the radio and soon learned that we had been attacked. So, I said “Lock and load, heighten your awareness, and let's get some random perimeter security checks going on. Where's the 1st SGT and CO.” “The CO's in his office, and Top went to the pentagon to meet with the SGT Major of the Army about his upcoming retirement.” I told the CO what we knew and my plan to deal with it. He said I was doing a good job and to keep it up. Just then, we heard about the attack on the Pentagon and feared the worst about our unit’s top NCO. We had to keep it together though. Around lunch time, the 1st SGT came onto the Ops floor and I happily called “At ease” and nearly lost it. He got stuck in traffic and turned back when he heard about the plane hitting the pentagon. He had me brief him up on our situation and ordered me to start rotating my guys through the chow hall. The rest of the day we continued our security checks and we went home at 1730 after our relief arrived. That was my trial by fire, I went from 22 years old to 30+ in a day.

I was home just 15 miles from NYC closing up my pool when my wife called and told me that then, a small plane crashed into one of the Towers but it wasn't small and we all know what happened next.

I could see the NY skyline from the top of my block and I could see nothing but smoke off in the distance where the Towers stood.

Terrible day.

I was in working in suburban Maryland, not far at all from Washington, DC. Lived in Northern Virginia. My in-laws worked in DC at the time, so that was a little nerve wracking. My father in-law used to work at the Pentagon.

The guy I shared my office with had to leave after lunch because his wife went into labor (she was due anytime, though I wonder if there was she was affected somehow); their kid was born the next day.

A friend of mine was in the USA Today building and witnessed the plane hitting the Pentagon.

I had TV at the office, but not cable, so I had all the local DC news stations. They focused coverage on the Pentagon, so I never saw the towers actually collapse - the coverage did revert to NYC right after each collapse though.

Nearly everyone went home early - there was no rush hour traffic to speak of on the way home.

I was getting drunk with Nevermore after their show in Hollywood at the House of Blues. Chris wasn't with them on that tour, but i've always been a fan. We were in their RV with the singer from Savatage until the wee hours of the AM. When I finally got home, the sun was coming up, my phone was ringing off the hook with family members freaking out. I was so out of it I thought it was a dream.

Here in Europe it was arround noon, and here in greece it's news time in the tv, so I think everybody saw it live on cnn, at least i did. Strange feeling, very sad thing to see, never thought of something like this would happen, not to mention see it live!!! The thing I know now, is that if someone wants to hit hit somebody,he will,no matter how hard you try or what you do, the only way to prevent these terrible acts, is to make him not want to hit you. RIP to all the poeple who die for no reason at all. Stop the fucking madness!!!

Newark, NJ fueling up my truck. Just thought it was a fire at first. When I heard it was plane, I was shocked. It was only about 4 miles away and it was clear as clear can be. The second plane that hit, everyone knew something was up. I saw the explosion from the second plane as I was getting back onto the NJ Turnpike. Minutes later they closed every road heading northbound towards NYC. Spent the next 10 hours trying to get home to my family. The anger still burns inside. Doesn`t help much that I`m reminded of 9/11 every single day. I travel past the skyline and it just kills me to not see those towers anymore. Revenge will be sweet though. I belive it will be.

I just come from the work when I heard news.It was so strange to watch plane crushing into buildings on TV!!!
RayNJ said:
Revenge will be sweet though. I belive it will be.
What?You're not satisfied with thousands of innocent dead woman,children...
Violence bring violence...it's magic circle.RIP to all innocent victims around the globe with hope that some day all these madness will stop!!!

Witchhunter said:
I just come from the work when I heard news.It was so strange to watch plane crushing into buildings on TV!!!

What?You're not satisfied with thousands of innocent dead woman,children...
Violence bring violence...it's magic circle.RIP to all innocent victims around the globe with hope that some day all these madness will stop!!!
satisfied? no. I`m not satisfied with innocent people being killed. You seem to think Americans are killing these innocent people. Well, it`s the terrorists who are killing them. They kill innocent people anywhere, even their own people. Everytime a car bomb goes off in Iraq, who gets killed? Iraqi people, thats who. Who is setting off these car bombs? Insurgents who don`t care about ANY people. That is the revenge we all seek. Until every last terrorist is dead and beheaded, I will never be satisfied. Innocent people will always be victims in this world. It`s just the way God intended it to be.

Everyone is stamped with a number on their ass and when that number comes up, it`s your time to go. Some tragically, some peacefully, but we all go sooner or later.

The problem here is who defines who is terrorist and who is not?

Good point, hellionick. Unfortunately, there is information out there to suggest that the US government has not been completely honest to its citizens with regard to the "war on terror." Especially disturbing is a statement by a group that included our vice president and several other current administration officials (published pre-9/11) indicating that winning support for their foreign policy ideas may require an event "like a new Pearl Harbor." But the most unfortunate thing is that the majority of Americans seem to know nothing about this (it has received practically NO media coverage). For more info, do a search on Google or elsewhere for "Rebuilding America's Defenses."

Regarding the attacks of five years ago, I was just arriving on campus for my first college class of the day when I heard the news anchorwoman on a local radio show say that a plane had hit one of the towers. At first, I thought it was some kind of sick joke, because the show I was listening to was known for obnoxious humor. However, I quickly realized that this was NOT a joke, and I was simply in shock. When more than one plane hit, I was worried about what might happen next. The thought ran through my mind that maybe one of those terrorist groups we paid so little attention to was exacting revenge for one of many attrocities the US had been accused of causing in one far away land or another in the past. My thoughts then went to "God, a lot of us are going to be wishing we had paid more attention to world affairs." My other thought throughout the day was what could possibly happen next? After living with a sense of relative security all my life, I realized that the possibilities were well beyond what most of us would like to imagine. It was obviously tragic and shocking, but it was also, in my opinion, a reminder of mortality.

I was a newly promoted corporal in the Army (now a Staff Sgt.) and we were getting ready to mount the bird for training to NTC (that'd be Ft. Irwin, CA) but all flights were grounded so instead we had to fortify Ft. Riley, and one of my soldiers had lost her ID card, so I saw the towers fall on the tube while she was getting her ID card replaced.

You always have two sides "One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
Freedom Fighters fight for freedom and do not kill innocent people on purpose. I`m sure they also don`t believe they will get 72 virgins and a free ride to heaven on some winged horse. There is a difference imo.

When the former Yugoslavia was being ripped apart and 'ethnic cleansing' was going on, it was the AMERICANS who were there on the ground and keeping the peace (GASP! Even keeping Muslims from being killed!). Americans also liberated Kuwait.

The USA has it's problems, but we're much more a force for good than evil in this world! God bless and protect the brave men and women serving our country and fighting terrorism!!

I just better shut up about this, anyway i was also very shocked.
I was at home studying, mom in the kitchen watching tv called me when first breaking news appeared. Saw second plane crushing live.
My cousine was in Manhattan those days and we couldnt reach her on the phone, we were really scared also. Thankfully she was on the other side of the island and still sleeping at that time.

When the former Yugoslavia was being ripped apart and 'ethnic cleansing' was going on, it was the AMERICANS who were there on the ground and keeping the peace

First, Americans were not on the ground because they were bombarding with depleted uranium and it wasn´t for peace ! Depleted uranium is so bad that it even fucked up the crops in Bulgaria were i was (i guess Geneva Convention is used as a toilet paper these days).
We can barely scratch the surface of the narco business, prostitution and politic games going on in and through Kosovo and the involvement of governments and the people who are telling you "we go forward to defend freedom" when all they do is protect their financial interest and they're the real terrorists. And that's just the beginning of it.
I wonder how do you believe all the bullshits the media is telling you about Kosovo,Afghanistan Iraq ¨liberation¨ and so on ? I won't even go into Afghanistan, because you really should give Osama an Oscar for best CIA act and umm may be Nobel prize for being the best reason to invade Afghanistan and thus making drug export real easy ( i have friends in Afghanistan so i don't really speak according to propaganda).
Wars are easily justified and civil rights curtailed, when a threat is created and propagated so much.
Oh by the way did they find any weapons of mass destruction ? - NO, i wonder, who's has the deadliest WMD in the world hmm let's see - USA and Russia, gee wasn't US government telling to go and seize WMD from Iraq??! So what is this war about, hm let's pick a random guess - oil.
It's not that hard to see this, is it ?
Can you see past the bullshits spittied out by politicians and media ?
For the guy that didn't get his revenge yet, may be you should consider the revenge of the countless victims that fell(and are going to, due to depleted uranium and other chemical weapons ) during US military operations all over the globe. You should be happy that your children are not going to be born crippled for decades but others will because you supported this war machine.