Where were you on 9-11-01???

I'm older than Demiurge :guh: But I'm sure I was a senior in high school when you were. Seriously though, you come across as much older than you actually are.

Anyway, when the whole thing happened I had no idea until I arrived at school that morning and my friends told me. They didn't tell me what actually happened though. They made it sound as if somebody was taking over the country, and then I went to class and we actually watched it on tv. It put me in a weird mood for the day.

Tongue_Ring said:
anyway this supposed terrorist guy that knocks on my door has a last name with several silent letters because he's descended from the royalty of France, he's not middle-eastern. he some how knew that there had been a plane crashing into the pentagon with out knowing that the towers fell, when i showed him the towers falling on my tv, he starts laughing...i'll tell you why later...
this guy is laughing because he there was a huge amount of illegal money exchanging going on using the buisnesses in the twin towers as a legitimate face for money laundering, so the twin towers falling meant that a large number of completely evil people were going to instantaniously go from being super-rich to being flat-broke, then he realized the hugeness of the people that were getting killed, and he stopped laughing. for the whole 1st day, the FBI thought that the guy in my living room might be responsible, but this guy instantly knew it was Osama Bin Laden, because he remembered it was the 10th aniversary of something that happened on sept 11 in 91, the internet's been scrubbed concerning 9/11/91 but if you can get your hands on a history book printed between 9/11/91 and 9/11/01 you can flip to the back and you'll see pix of Bush Senior signing documents that had worldwide impacts and also pix of him shaking hands with the leaders of several foreign countries
then i went to a self charter school class at 12:30, where they flat-out asked everybody to raise their hands and name off freinds and relatives that had died that day (this was 12:30 texas time so the dead people would have only been dead for 3 hours) after that extreme insensitivity i don't really remember much of anything that happened the rest of the day

I was going to work. I had gotten ready as per any normal day,was driving to work and all they were talking about on the radio was how lax (los angeles airport) and all other area airports were closed. I had no clue what had happened until i got to work and my boss had the tv on we all watched for about 1/2 and he sent us all home. There would be no need for concert lighting that day. I spent the rest of the day watching the coverage and feeling pretty empty. My mom died the following year on sept. 10th so those will be 2 days that will always leave me feeling a bit somber.

What I find weird is that Kerry King et al. have forged a career claiming the Christian God does not exist, but then go ahead and release an album that tacitly implies he does indeed exist.

derek said:
What I find weird is that Kerry King et al. have forged a career claiming the Christian God does not exist, but then go ahead and release an album that tacitly implies he does indeed exist.
thats what I was wondering too when I first heard it

I was home about to leave to a doctor's appointment because I popped some blood vessels in my lip from suctioning a cup to my face then ripping it off.........no one could figure out what the "blue mustache" on my top lip was:ill:

*tear*:cry: I feel responsible for 9/11 because I wished that there was an even bigger distraction to take attention off my blue/purple top lip. Sadly, there was. (I'm joking about feeling responsible, but it's wierd how things work. That's why they say, "Be careful what you wish for".)

I was in the doctor's office when the second plane hit.

I was shocked and couldn't believe my eyes when the planes hit the buildings. And the thing that freaked me out more was that my parents weren't freaked enough to let me stay home from school that day.....they had me WALK to school, even though I missed the first half of the day and the school was on the verge of evacuation:yuk:

I woke up a little late that morning and turned on the television as I prepared my sacred cup of coffee. As soon as I turned on the TV I saw one of the towers belching flame. At this point I assumed it was an accident, and so did the news anchor. Obviously as the morning progressed the news got worse and worse. I'll never forget that day. Sometimes I still find myself thinking about the people that perished. People jumping from the towers and every other horrible thing caught on video that morning. Put the politics, conspiracy theories, and conjecture aside. Think about what those people went through that day and remember.

I was in grade... 6 when this happened? So yeah, I didn't know what the WTC's were... so I was a little bit of a loss as to how important it was, but all I remember hearing was how my aunt was there that day, and then going home at lunch to find my mother crying on the ground...

I was in highschool when the trade centers got hit. i remember my friends were laughing at the tv cuz these really big buildings were on fire. lol i live in a very very back in the middle of nowhere place. i didnt even know what it was untill i had about 15 different people explain it to me. i was laughing histerically at it at first cuz i didnt even know what it was lol

Vital Remains said:
I was in highschool when the trade centers got hit. i remember my friends were laughing at the tv cuz these really big buildings were on fire. lol i live in a very very back in the middle of nowhere place. i didnt even know what it was untill i had about 15 different people explain it to me. i was laughing histerically at it at first cuz i didnt even know what it was lol
Do you often find tragedy to be this amusing?

Vital Remains said:
If you're still like that, then you are a horrible person. Living in the middle of nowhere is no excuse either, because a tragedy is a tragedy, and if you find thousands of people losing their lives in a hellfire of misplaced rage and terrorism, then.... I don't even know what to say to that. It's horrible and just plain disgusting. I pray to the gods in Paradise that you're no longer that cynical and sick.

I was a senior in high school, and it was like the 4th or 5th day of school. I was sitting in second period English when this one chick kept coming to the door, cell phone in hand, beckoning one of her friends to come out. The teacher shoo'd her away once or twice and then as she stand in the doorway again, the principal went over the loudspeaker and gave the announcement that one of the Twin Towers had been hit. My teacher then put on the TV in class just in time to see the second plane slam into the second tower. Then she let people who needed to make phone calls do so and people who needed some fresh air to go outside. I live not too far from the city and unfortunately many classmates of mine were struck with tragedy that day. The rest of the day was a haze for me. One of my best friends was scared for his life because his dad's job at the time was in the WTC. It's incredibly ironic that he was late for his train that day. When I got home I was glued to the television for hours upon hours. I still sort of just phase out when this topic comes up for discussion. Words will never describe the atmosphere of that day.

On a rather strange note, I remember exactly where I was a year later, on September 11th, 2002. I was working with my brother in the early morning in his delivery truck. We would listen to Howard Stern as he would help us get through our day. That day though, he put on the replay of the broadcast from the day of the tragedies, and I must say that it was an experience listening to Howard Stern be that serious about something. It was an amazing broadcast, he never once did panic and gave it straight as he saw it. If anybody has that broadcast I would love to hear it again. I can't find it anywhere for the life of me.

Ptah Khnemu said:
If you're still like that, then you are a horrible person. Living in the middle of nowhere is no excuse either, because a tragedy is a tragedy, and if you find thousands of people losing their lives in a hellfire of misplaced rage and terrorism, then.... I don't even know what to say to that. It's horrible and just plain disgusting. I pray to the gods in Paradise that you're no longer that cynical and sick.
Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking.

Like all things I see on TV, when I saw that a plane hit a building, I was hoping that another one would be hit because TV is really just entertainment, and the plot was just getting good.

No matter how much we want to think that this incident was something we learned from, most people saw it on TV, and went back to their normal lives within a day or so because it didn't affect most people.