Where were you on 9-11-01???

Trevor Lane

Guits/Vox - Battle Cry
I was promoted to SGT in the US Army on 9-10-01. The next day started like any other, with the exception of some extra excitement on my part. I came in to work at 0530 in the Ft. Meade Defense Satellite Communications System (DSCS) Ops Center (OC)and began my first day as someone with authority in the military. at about 9:00 am, we got a teletype message from Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Continental US (CONUS). They told us of a "accident" where a plane flew into one of the twin towers. So, we killed the Nugent CD we had playing and turned on the radio and soon learned that we had been attacked. So, I said “Lock and load, heighten your awareness, and let's get some random perimeter security checks going on. Where's the 1st SGT and CO.” “The CO's in his office, and Top went to the pentagon to meet with the SGT Major of the Army about his upcoming retirement.” I told the CO what we knew and my plan to deal with it. He said I was doing a good job and to keep it up. Just then, we heard about the attack on the Pentagon and feared the worst about our unit’s top NCO. We had to keep it together though. Around lunch time, the 1st SGT came onto the Ops floor and I happily called “At ease” and nearly lost it. He got stuck in traffic and turned back when he heard about the plane hitting the pentagon. He had me brief him up on our situation and ordered me to start rotating my guys through the chow hall. The rest of the day we continued our security checks and we went home at 1730 after our relief arrived. That was my trial by fire, I went from 22 years old to 30+ in a day.

This topic is.... goddammit.

Well, where was I when the world stopped turning? I was in Middle School, sitting in class, completely unsuspecting, until I had my lunch period. That's when I heard. And I got taken out of school. And then, days later, a policeman came to my house informing me that my father's body was found in the ruins and wreckage of the towers.

That's where I was.

It isn't important to me; but if you wish to know, I was working at 4:30 AM shift at the warehouse as a shipper/receiver. Turned on the TV at the break moments before the second plane hit.

I could tell you where I was, which isnt very interesting.'

Whats more interesting is that each of your memories on that day are still crystalline.

I was in my OAC english class and I actually started laughing about it, but that is because I already knew it wasn't what they said it was and that it seemed like a perferct propaganda display, People got mad at this insensitivity, but I had to remind them that greater numbers dies in countries that we don't even know every day.

Silver Incubus said:
I was in my OAC english class and I actually started laughing about it, but that is because I already knew it wasn't what they said it was and that it seemed like a perferct propaganda display, People got mad at this insensitivity, but I had to remind them that greater numbers dies in countries that we don't even know every day.

Now thats pretty extreme. Thats a ridiculous reaction. I think to not be surprised at the why would be obvious to most intelligent people; however, this kind of moral relativity is pretty awful isnt it? I understand your point is that we dont mourn those who are killed everyday by tyrannical regimes, etc that America supports and trades with; but still, this is your country, and it directly affects you. And innocent lives were lost, when the guilt lies in American and Israeli foreign policy and the failure and corruption of Arab government's and radical islam. Those who set the policies, who ran the countries, who supported religious extremism, are those to blame, not stockbrokers and secretaries. Thus, if we follow your reaction, when does it end? Are civilians complicit as well? Must they be punished for their government's sins?

The reaction I had when it happened (I said this to the woman I was working with that morning): "Holy shit! You see that?!" *points at the building as it crumbles* "Explosion! Explosion!" I said watching the building fall. I was pointing at the floors that blew out from the building as it crumbled. Just like as if there were timed explosions bringing the floors down.

THAT I will never forget and THAT I will always support.

And about crystalline memories, ask me where I was when I found out about any major event. I can tell you. The fact that it was an event that turned America into a (near) police state and the most hated country in the world doesn't change why I remember it.

Trevor Lane, I thank you for your service to this country. And have the utmost respect for you and all our troops. I was sitting in front of my T.V. lifting weights, when this horror occurred. For the next week or so, I was in front of the T.V. with a huge lump in my throat that never seemed to go away. Especially, when I saw little children who had lost their mom or dad.My memories are and will always be crystalline for 9/11 and the JFK assassination, for I was 8 yrs old at that time.

The Hubster said:
I could tell you where I was, which isnt very interesting.'

Whats more interesting is that each of your memories on that day are still crystalline.
Well seeing as how my dad died on that day, I don't think I'll be forgetting that day any time soon.

As for my reaction, this is the exact dialogue that went down:

Friend: Dude, the Twin Towers were just destroyed!!
Me: ......*silence for 2 minutes*..... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea where I was, However I do remember hearing about it on my ride to school... Funny how I found out about it at 7:30am PST.

speed said:
Now thats pretty extreme. Thats a ridiculous reaction. I think to not be surprised at the why would be obvious to most intelligent people; however, this kind of moral relativity is pretty awful isnt it? I understand your point is that we dont mourn those who are killed everyday by tyrannical regimes, etc that America supports and trades with; but still, this is your country, and it directly affects you. And innocent lives were lost, when the guilt lies in American and Israeli foreign policy and the failure and corruption of Arab government's and radical islam. Those who set the policies, who ran the countries, who supported religious extremism, are those to blame, not stockbrokers and secretaries. Thus, if we follow your reaction, when does it end? Are civilians complicit as well? Must they be punished for their government's sins?

The propaganda that I am talking about here speed is the propaganda that arabs with box cutters took over the plane orThe ones who live in caves in afganistan or The ones they claim that are still alive or the terrorist from Islam, from mouths of the news propaganda who distort the facts and the truth?

The timing and symbolic actions of the attacks, not only the date but the places the towers were hit, the evidence even on the money whiich is all from achient systems that are used in everything from rituals to advertising.

You can't just ask why it happend, that is what they will feed you with pictures and statements fabricated to and greatly repeated until the populace believe its the truth. Its very much the way that religion needs its followers to come back every week to get more mind numbing trances that influence their suggestability. I have read a few books about the issue of propaganda and how it is used and I know that the Arab angle is very much what some people want. They want the war between the Christians in the west vs the Islam of the east.

the news never reported why some israeli soldiers were happy and dancing to the sight of the towers burning. The cops even came to arrest them becuase people were angry about this. Then they were all let go. edit: article with tones of links to other news stories
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html
And this is also relavent to this
Two employees of Odigo, Inc., an Israeli company, receive warnings of an imminent attack in New York City about two hours before the first plane hits the WTC. Odigo, one of the world’s largest instant messaging companies, has its headquarters two blocks from the WTC. The Odigo Research and Development offices where the warnings were received are located in Herzliyya, a suburb of Tel Aviv. Israeli security and the FBI were notified immediately after the 9/11 attacks began. The two employees claim not to know who sent the warnings. “Odigo service includes a feature called People Finder that allows users to seek out and contact others based on certain interests or demographics. [Alex] Diamandis [Odigo vice president of sales and marketing] said it was possible that the attack warning was broadcast to other Odigo members, but the company has not received reports of other recipients of the message.” [Ha'aretz, 10/26/2001; Washington Post, 10/27/2001] Odigo claims the warning did not specifically mention the WTC, but the company refuses to divulge what was specified, claiming, “Providing more details would only lead to more conjecture.” [Washington Post, 10/28/2001] However, a later newspaper report claims that the message declared “that some sort of attack was about to take place. The notes ended with an anti-Semitic slur. ‘The messages said something big was going to happen in a certain amount of time, and it did—almost to the minute,’ said Alex Diamandis, vice president of sales for the high-tech company... He said the employees did not know the person who sent the message, but they traced it to a computer address and have given that information to the FBI.” [Washington Post, 11/4/2001] Odigo gave the FBI the Internet address of the message’s sender so the name of the sender could be found. [Deutsche Presse-Agentur (Hamburg), 10/26/2001] Two months later, it is reported that the FBI is still investigating the matter, but there have been no reports since. [Courier Mail, 12/20/2001]

Many of the Monopoly moguls are belonging to a cetain 'faith' and ideology that tells them they are above the rest of us and that and that we are nothing more then animals or cattle to them to feast off of like parasites. Many people belonging to this faith also exist in many numbers within the government as well.

You can't just ask why, you have to ask find the info, and also ask how, when, who, and what really took place and who knew beforehand.

The Bringer said:
The reaction I had when it happened (I said this to the woman I was working with that morning): "Holy shit! You see that?!" *points at the building as it crumbles* "Explosion! Explosion!" I said watching the building fall. I was pointing at the floors that blew out from the building as it crumbled. Just like as if there were timed explosions bringing the floors down.

THAT I will never forget and THAT I will always support.

And about crystalline memories, ask me where I was when I found out about any major event. I can tell you. The fact that it was an event that turned America into a (near) police state and the most hated country in the world doesn't change why I remember it.

Please favor me some specifics on how America has been turned into a (near)Police state post 9/11. Given that I have lived in America, roughly fifty miles from the former Trade Center itself for almost 40 years, I am excited to learn what "rights" or "freedoms" I have apparently lost...unbeknownst to me.
While we're at it, tell me by whom and how sufficient explosives were secretly placed in an enormous public office building in the middle of downtown Manhatten, with NO ONE becoming suspicious, etc. I have a friend who worked in the Towers every day, and he too would love to hear precisely how this spectacular sabotoge was carried out as well.

Designated free speech zones, the huge clamp down on airport security (most recently when they had that ridiculious "liquid explosive" problem and were actually dumping ALL LIQUIDS together in the same trash cans), Patriot Act, Patriot Act 2. It may not look like a complete police state, but it is coming close to being one. Notice how I said "(near) police state".

And I will be here for hours typing out anything about the WTC. To spare my time and your eyes I can PM you with links if you want.

I was in biology class at the time. I really hated that class. I think only about half of my classes were spent watching the news that day, and the rest were business as usual.

9/11 conspiracy theorists are the worst. I'm open to many conspiracy theories, and enjoy reading up on a lot of them, but this one reeks of BS.

Here is a good link on the subject.

Maddox, brilliant humorist.
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

At the end of that page are several excellent links that crush any conspiracy theory with ease.

The Bringer said:
Designated free speech zones, the huge clamp down on airport security (most recently when they had that ridiculious "liquid explosive" problem and were actually dumping ALL LIQUIDS together in the same trash cans), Patriot Act, Patriot Act 2. It may not look like a complete police state, but it is coming close to being one. Notice how I said "(near) police state".

And I will be here for hours typing out anything about the WTC. To spare my time and your eyes I can PM you with links if you want.

I have no idea what a "designated free speech zone is" so maybe you could elaborate there. I follow politics pretty closely and have no earthly idea what this means. As for the "Air Scare" yes, there is sense of total over-reaction to these threats(real or perceived) but I would hardly consider such actions even close to a (near)police-state mentality. Overkill yes, paranoia, probably, but is it really more than an inconvenience? Perhaps I've read too much about the gulag years of Stalin and the like - that's what I conjure when thinking police state
For all the hubub over the Patriot Act, no living person can seem to find a single "right" or "freedom" that has been removed or threatened by it. To be honest, I am not in favor of, as I can see some potential issues with privacy protections and the like - but as of yet, its more bluster than substance over this. But the bulk of these powers were already possessed by the govt.
*I'm not dismissing what you have stated at all. For my part, I feel Government intrudes on our lives in a vile and unjust fashion, mostly in ways few ever notice. And quite frankly, I do think we as a nation have allowed the "powers that be" to run roughsod over our rights in areas as mundane as freedon of association, employment, speech(to an increasing degree) etc. But this had been underway LONG before Bush arrived or the Trade Center collapsed!
As far as the Tower's intentional destruction via explosives and the like, I believe I have seen all the discussions you might provide.(I am honestly not above a good conspiracy theory myself - and my politics tend to fall well outside the mainstream, so I DID look into these reports) Nevertheless, I just haven't seen or read anything that convinces me, or folks I know personally who were there before during and after this whole calamity, that some 'inside' mischief was behind it. I think we will just have to disagree on that one.

And in all honesty this thread isn't about what it has become. I have no interest in discussing conspiracies. Yes, there are a lot out there. Some are much more believeable then others. Maybe it seems like I am backing away from a fight. But I just don't have the energy or modivation to engage in this.

I agree to disagree and leave it at that. If it makes me look like a fool for doing so without back up to my words. So be it. This is suppose to be a mature forum for mature discussions and I don't want to see it any other way.