wheres do you find music?

I pick up bandnames from the radio or at gigs, then I search for these bands on the Internet and find other bands etc

My dad ...the man has some class music taste for an oldie like , otherwise Id say mates e.g.claire and gigs and forums again like this one and local ones like gigwise.

haha it's just a different generation, i mean. if i hear snow2 talking 'bout green day & nostalgia i can still get into that a bit (though green day was already concidered 'not cool' when i was a kid). soon i'll hear these kids talking 'bout 'those days were limp bizkit was so great' hmm. :( we get older don't we...

though those interviews i'd like to do them with any 30 year old. the 3 i did got all into jazz these days. you?

Magazines, MP3s and music TV mostly. I never listen to radio anymore. One thing I like to do is search for a random word in Direct Connect, and download something by a band I've never heard of.

@Siderea:no, maybe because I'm not yet that far in my 30ies. :D

I do see some of my (older) friends getting nostalgic and starting to collect old records and Cds of bands they used to love whe they were teens.

But I know what you're saying.

LostLenore said:
I do see some of my (older) friends getting nostalgic and starting to collect old records and Cds of bands they used to love whe they were teens.
and then they say:" ahh, they don't make good music like that anymore " :erk:

i cant see why you guys wont listen radio, i have seen cds in some people's list gigs that were broadcasted on fm radios by bands like porcupine tree and god speed you! black emperor. i am sure that there are some decent radio programs there. Eventhough there are only 2 or 3 stations that play decent music in turkey, i listen to them and it was really useful for knowin bands like chrome, djam karet and focus

well, maybe there are maybe some internet radio channels which i dunno about, that might be decent, but when i turn on the radio, at least here in germany, i hear the usual mtv crap. I stick to me cd's and only turn on the radio when football is broadcasted and i'm in me car like.

Morpheus said:
well, maybe there are maybe some internet radio channels which i dunno about, that might be decent, but when i turn on the radio, at least here in germany, i hear the usual mtv crap. I stick to me cd's and only turn on the radio when football is broadcasted and i'm in me car like.

ohh, i dont mean like you turn on the radio and you find decent music immediately. I think you have to search for the right station and right dj.

best said:
i cant see why you guys wont listen radio, i have seen cds in some people's list gigs that were broadcasted on fm radios by bands like porcupine tree and god speed you! black emperor. i am sure that there are some decent radio programs there. Eventhough there are only 2 or 3 stations that play decent music in turkey, i listen to them and it was really useful for knowin bands like chrome, djam karet and focus

I just never have. If I want to listen to music then I put on a CD, and if I don't then I can do without the background noise. I used to listen to the midnight rock show on Radio 1, but after a few weeks of hearing one or two decent songs amidst a whole raft of crap, I lost interest. As I recall, they were going all gooey for that shite band Hundred Reasons last time I listened to it.