Which 3 bands are you looking forward to the most?

noren

Pixel coordinator
Jan 9, 2002
Alingsås, Sweden
www.progart.com
1 - NAHEMAH
They were awesome last time and the new album is much better than the first one. This can't be anything but good!

2 - CHAOS DIVINE
I really like the album and it's extra fun to see a band live for the first time.

3 - ENOCHIAN THEORY

Same reason as above.

I'm also looking forward to Knight Area, Cloudscape, Andromeda, Mercenary, Seventh Wonder, Evergrey and Vanity.

I hope the "usual" last minute cancellations is among the bands I haven't mentioned :)

1. Andromeda - never having seen them live, they're definitely an awesome band on album and hopefully just as amazing live
2. Seventh Wonder - After I listened to Mercy Falls I've been hooked for life and bought the rest of their stuff
3. Mercenary - Since their first performance at Progpower EU a few years ago, when I hardly knew anything about them, I've become a big fan and am really looking forward to them playing again.

Also looking forward to Knight Area, Cloudscape, Evergrey, and Hacride. I hope that the bands that I don't know or haven't mentioned will pleasantly surprisee me, though :) And for once, Mattias, I hope you're wrong about the 'usual' cancellation, that we won't have any this year :p

1. Hacride. Saw them on Graspop last year and since then I've been hooked, looking forward to it.
2. Seventh Wonder. Saw them on Headway a couple of years back, but they had all the bad luck in the world. Stuff broke down, singer had a cold or something (though he did manage to sing really well, even though he could hardly speak). Hope they have better luck this time, they deserve it.
3. Mercenary. Don't listen to them that much, but I can imagine it's excellent music for an explosive show.

And I'll have a great time nontheless. :)

1. chaos divine, cuz i love their music and i'm freakin excited to see em play on a non-aussie stage!
2. andromeda, soooounds good to me!
3. Mercenary, spiking my tingly senses a bit too much; looking forward to seeing em live.

1) Seventh Wonder
=> No doubt I'm looking forward the most to this band. Waiting In The Wings and Mercy Falls are among my favourite prog albums and Seventh Wonder is the main reason why I'm coming to Baarlo

2) Enochian Theory
=> Discovered them through this line-up, bought their CD and I'm completely hooked now.

3) Andromeda
=> Saw them at ProgPower some years ago but I like their new work even better. Really curious how a long set from them turns out.

Ofcourse, Evergrey, Mercenary, Hacride, Nahemah (saw them some years ago in Alicante when I was on tour with a band who played as support act for them), Cloudscape and Chaos Divine also carry out my intrest.

HACRIDE

I'm a big fan of this band. The last two albums are amazing, their show at Graspop last year was amazing, so I expect them to do really well at PP.

SEVENTH WONDER

I'm deeply impressed by their latest album, but the other stuff is good as well. They definitely deserve revenge for their unfortunate Headway gig.

MERCENARY

I'm not a big fan of their older work, but "Architect of Lies" blew me away. Should be really good live music, at least it's powerful enough.

Evergrey

Haven't seen them in a while, so I'm really looking foreward to see them play again

Mercenary

Their previous Progpower show really blew me away

Cloudscape

nice guys, great music

+1 Three Great Bands!

I also really dig MERCENARY, but I think they're better as a studio band than they are live.

Mac

I have to admit that these are the only bands I'm looking forward to this year. There'll be some gems to find out about for sure, but generally I go with Bringa in saying there's little of 'prog' this year.
Lots of POWER of course. :headbang:

Andromeda (really hoping music from II=I album):kickass:
Cloudscape
Seventh Wonder

Evergrey, Andromeda and Cloudscape I guess.

With some pure badluck, I managed to miss Evergrey 3 times. Andromeda was cool back in 2005 at RockIstanbul. Never saw Cloudscape but want to listen to them live at PP.

Let me see... Akphaezya, Akphaezya and Akphaezya. Ah, and Andromeda. Hacride maybe good, but their last cd kind of sucks, so we'll see. But I would fly there just for Akphaezya on itself, so I am not fussed :) Will have more time to work on the documentary...