Which album is better?

yeh i think the cover brings the album down. its like 8 awesome songs with sick melodies and then one at the end with all powerchord riffing. if they were going to do a cover they should've totaly butchered the song and made it their own. those are the only covers i like. just playing the song the same way the original band did doesnt do much for me. especially when the original band is nowhere near as good as the band thats covering. maybe megadeth has some "classic" albums, but they're nothing compared to what bands are doing today.
-neal

Originally posted by HateCrewDeathroll
I bought They Will Return a while ago and I never bothered to checkout Swamplord. Which one is better?

Personally I think ''swamplord' is better but not much more.They will return is also pretty well,to buy the first album ,I'd buy 'swamplord'.It's really great I've tried twenty times but I couldn't manage to play any of the songs of this album with my guitar at the same speed with the band,but there are two songs I can play in 'they will return'.That's not a criter for you though...

Funny to hear that Swamplord seems to be better. I got into Kalmah through some demo-samples on the official HP, shortly before the recording of Swamplord. Well, when the album was finally out, I ordered it at the Nuclear Blast mailorder, but it didn't arrive... One month or so later, I ordered it again...waited and waited, found it in a shop (the Spinefarm version) - but I didn't buy it, because I thought my ordered copy would arrive in a few days....so eventually it did NOT arrive with the other CDs I ordered.

One year later, when TWR finally came out on CM, I bought it. But it sucks to hear that it seems to be not as good as Swamplord...mailorders piss me off.