- Opeth
- Dark Tranquillity
- Dimmu Borgir (new)
- Tritatania
- Therion
- My Dying Bride
- Nightwish
etc..

I have heard few Nevermore's song on mp3.com and I liked it.. :)

all of them are masterpieces IMHO,but I think you should start with Dreaming Neon Black...you might like it more because it's their most gothy album.

definately start with Dreaming Neon Black, with the bands that you are into (some great bands by the way) DNB would be what I would tell you to get, but if you wanna hear some chaos get Politics of Ecstacy my personal fav

I know what you mean, Politics Of Ecstasy begins by kicking you in the ass, then forcing you to take a long glimpse into it warped and fragile soul, then enveloping you in a sense of maddening rage and volatile confusion...this is the album that will eitehr cause you to worship Nevermore or fear them.

don't forget that DNB is a concept album, and you must understand that it's primarily about the struggle Warrel faced when a girl he loved disappeared and is presumably dead. If you haven't heard about that story, you need to, because it truly makes that album a work of art and not just a metal cd. It is more of an experience to listen to that album than anything else.

Right, it's a concept album but a pretty vague one. There is a lot of symbolism going on but I think for the most part Warrel left it pretty open for different interpretations... put's reliance on the listener to think for themselves... but I think the underlying theme in it is of course the situation Genius was describing but nicely sprinkled with classic Warrel Dane drug use & abuse sagas... and just that overall surreal view of the world, both internally and externally... on this album 'emotional' and somewhat 'political'. My point? Brilliant fucking album. Have fun with those lyrics.

It was great to read through these posts and see people giving Hearse the exact same advice I would. I'm too use to that goddamn Megadeth message board... not enough intelligent Nevermore praisal!

Originally posted by Demonspell
I know what you mean, Politics Of Ecstasy begins by kicking you in the ass, then forcing you to take a long glimpse into it's warped and fragile soul, then enveloping you in a sense of maddening rage and volatile confusion...this is the album that will either cause you to worship Nevermore or fear them.

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more....

...and then came Dreaming Neon Black...a true work of art...