Which should I get first?

but ... the most heavy metal-ish Therion album, is probably the last one. It has riffs in the vein of Accept and even Manowar, and many 70s elements (hello Scorpions). Vovin on the other hand is not that guitar oriented.
All these because sometimes "best" is relevant (although i agree about Theli being the best)

I would go in reverse chronological order for Vanden Plas. "Beyond Daylight" their latest studio release is a freaking masterpiece. the one before "Far off Grace" is probably their "heaviest" and the one before than, "The God Thing" is the release that put them on the metal map.
If you are a fan of lyrics, the latest, "Beyond Daylight" is also for you. Andy Kuntz' mastery of the English language is amazing considering he is German. There are meanings between the meanings on many of the songs.

Bryant

Thanks to the lyric-insanity I've been "suffering" ;} from since I heard Operation: Mindcrime, yessir, yessir I am a fan of lyrics! :-D

Bryant said:
I would go in reverse chronological order for Vanden Plas. "Beyond Daylight" their latest studio release is a freaking masterpiece. the one before "Far off Grace" is probably their "heaviest" and the one before than, "The God Thing" is the release that put them on the metal map.
If you are a fan of lyrics, the latest, "Beyond Daylight" is also for you. Andy Kuntz' mastery of the English language is amazing considering he is German. There are meanings between the meanings on many of the songs.

Bryant