Which Symphony X CD should I get next...?

TubeAmped

New Metal Member
Nov 24, 2002
Norfolk, VA
www.members.cox.net
Hey guys,

Should I get The Damnation Game or Twilight In Olympus? I know the obvious answer is to get both, but if I were to just pick one, what would you all recommend? I have all other CD's except for those two and then the first one. I will eventually get them all - and may just run out tomorrow and get the two above. Anyway, any advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys - MIKE

I already had DVOT - the only ones I didn't have were The Damnation Game, Twilight In Olympus - and the first one. I now have all except for the first one. So far so good. I am sure that I will enjoy those just as much as the others - though maybe not as much as I like The Odyssey (I am really diggin' this CD and can't stop listening to it!). Later - MIKE

DON'T get the first one... if you're not ready to hear a lousy Symphony X demo... Just DON'T...

KIDDIN'...!!! :-D

Listen, buddy, you can catch all SyX CDs, that you won't be sorry for that, at all!!

Any of 'em worth every single penny spent!!!!!

I would recommend "Twilight" over "Damnation" for only 1 reason... The Church of the Machine! This is by far one of the best SyX songs ever!

I should, however, say that if you can get them both, do it. The Damnation Game has yet another of what I would consider to be SyX's best... A Winter's Dream (parts I and II). It's a masterpiece! "Awakenings" (on Odyssey) actually reminds me a lot of it.

Anyway, the only drawback I can think of to getting Twilight first is that the production value is noticeably better than for Damnation. Not that it takes all that much away from it, but it gives Damnation a little bit of a "low budget" feel. It's still great though!

I would say you should avoid the first album, but being it's SyX, it's hard to do. Russell wasn't the singer on that album and it is very, VERY evident. I wish they would go back and have Russell redo the vocals on that album and then let Michael remix it. There are some decent tracks on that album that would definitely be massively improved by doing both of those. They did it with Masquerade and it sounds great!

Anyway, you can't go wrong with either choice. Flip a coin and you'll be happy with whatever you get.

Buy, Twilight in Olympus, although I don't think it's their best album, but it has such superb things as "Through the looking glass" , "Smoke and Mirrors", "Lady of the Snow" , "Church of the Machine". These are GRRRRREAT.
What to say about Damnation Game? Truely excelent are only "On the edge of Forever" and "Winter dream".
But it's my personal...
So you have to decide...:)

The track "The Damnation Game" is a great tune too. The bridge to the chorus is awesome! I really like the guitar solo in "Savage Curtain" too. It stands out for some reason.

I still think TIO is the better overall album. There's really no songs to criticize on it, other than maybe "The Keep", but even that song isn't that bad.

There are a few "un-memorable" songs on TDG. Not many though.

Originally posted by scanner313
The track "The Damnation Game" is a great tune too. The bridge to the chorus is awesome! I really like the guitar solo in "Savage Curtain" too. It stands out for some reason.

I still think TIO is the better overall album. There's really no songs to criticize on it, other than maybe "The Keep", but even that song isn't that bad.

There are a few "un-memorable" songs on TDG. Not many though.

The keep??? wtf? what song is that? :confused: