Should I get it?

Indeed it does. I think they should change the album to "the edge of forever" since its a much better suited title track IMO! Not that it will ever happen, but still lol. There is some solid stuff on The Damnation Game.

Bah! The Damnation Game is the title of a cool Clive Barker book.
It should remain as it is.....Not to mention, the song itself kicks buckets of ass.

Dude, go and get The Damnation Game NOW! It is prolly my favorite album by them. It as neoclassical as HELL and contains two of their finest epics "The Edge Of Forever" and "A Winter's Dream". Both set the template for the epics of the SX future and are just chalk FULL of sublime melodies.
The guitar solos and guitar tone are just so clean here and real FUN.

The s/t is really just to quell your appetite in these long draughts between albums. (COUGH COUGH)

Amazon takes about 30 seconds to register to, all you do is give them your email and think of a password. And they only use that email to send you updates on your order delivery. I never understood why so many people are scared of registering to such well known brand name sites.

Amazon takes about 30 seconds to register to, all you do is give them your email and think of a password. And they only use that email to send you updates on your order delivery. I never understood why so many people are scared of registering to such well known brand name sites.

I had a bad experience, not with Amazon, but with Paypal. Someone hacked into my account, scumbags!:mad:

I actually find myself enjoying the S/T more than Damnation Game pretty much all the time. Russell's vocals don't seem adjusted yet to the band and I like the songs on the S/T much more than damnation game despite Rod's vocals.

I actually find myself enjoying the S/T more than Damnation Game pretty much all the time. Russell's vocals don't seem adjusted yet to the band and I like the songs on the S/T much more than damnation game despite Rod's vocals.

Never thought I'd see anybody not be satisfied with any of Russell's work, heh. I myself don't like his HEAVY vocals, the loud, growl-like ones. It turns me off a bit. His voice is at it's best when he sings cleanly.

I don't have a problem with the Damnation Game vocals. Especially since they shine on 'The Edge of Forever' But I do believe its a mix of Russell not being adjusted to the sound of the band yet, and of course the production quality. But its still a sweet album none the less.

Oh I'm not saying I'm not satisfied with them at all. It just sounds on Damnation Game that his vocals are not sounding correct yet, almost like he's trying to sing in the same style as Rod Tyler at the time. Then finally in Divine Wings his vocals became much more killer and distinct for his personal voice.

Oh I'm not saying I'm not satisfied with them at all. It just sounds on Damnation Game that his vocals are not sounding correct yet, almost like he's trying to sing in the same style as Rod Tyler at the time. Then finally in Divine Wings his vocals became much more killer and distinct for his personal voice.

I have heard a couple songs with Tyler and he sounds pretty wussy to me.:rolleyes: But I have always been willing to listen to annoying singers if the music was good enough. And the two songs I've heard from S/T were ok.