Which CD next?

Nightwing

The Equalizer......
Jul 3, 2003
Western Australia
Visit site
Hi everyone, I recently bought 'The Odyssey' on the recommendation of a friend, and I FUCKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!
It hasn't been out of my home or car stereo for two weeks now!! It's almost exactly what I have been looking for.

My question is, which of the rest of their catalogue would be the best one for me to get next? I have heard 'Divine Wings of Tragedy' is the next best - is this true?
Also, is 'Twilight in Olympus' a live album?

Help please, I gotta get some more music from these guys!! :)

Nope, Twilight In Olympus is not a live album, it's a studio record. I think what you're reffering to is a bootleg that has been on the net for some time now called ''live in olympus'' or something like that. If you want to go with an album with a more symphonic approach look for ''V'', but if you want a heavy album like ''The Odyssey'' look for Divine Wings (my personal pick)

Go with Death Cult Armageddon, the new Dimmu cd... it's pretty badass.

Actually, as long as you don't mind extreme vocals and some blast beats, it's not that far off. Symphonic, epic, ass kicking....

For symx, Divine wings, or live on the edge of forever... not many people recommend that, but it has the best shit on it and it's a killer live album.

Get "The Divine Wings of Tragedy"...

After that just work your way chronologically backwards...

You already have The Odyssey, so get V, then Twilight in Olympus, then The Damnation Game, then Live on the Edge of Forever. You can also get their self-titled album, but Russell Allen wasn't the vocalist, and their first singer kind of ruined the album...

Reactions: Nightwing
i got my syx cd's so far in this order.. the odyssey followed by V:The New Mythology Suite, followed by Live On The Edge Of Forever, then next I'm thinking The Divine Wings, then Twilight In Olympus.. but then again I already have every syx song possible dled so I just got albums in order of my favorite. The Divine Wings Of Tragedy the song though is one I recommend hearing ASAP, so if that means buying it next, so be it.. its amazing.

ooh I just saw youre from Aussie land.. welcome to the board :D

Reactions: Nightwing
SilentRealm said:
i got my syx cd's so far in this order.. the odyssey followed by V:The New Mythology Suite, followed by Live On The Edge Of Forever, then next I'm thinking The Divine Wings, then Twilight In Olympus.. but then again I already have every syx song possible dled so I just got albums in order of my favorite. The Divine Wings Of Tragedy the song though is one I recommend hearing ASAP, so if that means buying it next, so be it.. its amazing.

ooh I just saw youre from Aussie land.. welcome to the board :D
Thanks.....I have been here for a little while, but obviously I'm new to Symphony X, so I am new to this forum!!
I'm thinking I will go with 'Divine wings of Tragedy" next, based on such sage advice.........thanks to everyone. :cool:

Er......Silent Realm, that avatar wouldn't be a pic of you, would it? :worship:

Nightwing:

Extreme vocals are black metal screeches in this case. Shagrath isn't annoying like Dani Filth, so don't worry. And blastbeats are usually when snare and bass drum alternate super fast, giving the drums a wall-of-sound feel; coupled with cymbal fills, it's the fastest rhythm/beat in current music.

Nightwing said:
Thanks.....I have been here for a little while, but obviously I'm new to Symphony X, so I am new to this forum!!
I'm thinking I will go with 'Divine wings of Tragedy" next, based on such sage advice.........thanks to everyone. :cool:

Er......Silent Realm, that avatar wouldn't be a pic of you, would it? :worship:

Yep, she's cute ain't she? :D

SilentRealm said:
p.s. what other prog metal have u heard and liked?
I do like Dream Theater, Asia, Yes, (may be showing my age there :lol: ) and I have the Masterplan CD, though I'm not sure whether or not that qualifies as 'prog'.......I'm also about to take delivery of my first Spock's Beard CD any day now.........I also like Ark's 'Burn the sun'.

BTW, the photos on your webpage look great also......hope you don't mind the fact that I took a peek...... :oops: