Best track on each album?

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
I don't know if you have done this, so forgive me if you have. Can you name the track you think is best on every SX album you have heard?

The Divine Wings of Tragedy-The Accolade/Candlelight Fantasia/title track
Twilight in Olympus-Through the Looking Glass/Church of the Machine
V: TNMS-Communion and the Oracle
The Odyssey-Awakenings
Paradise Lost-Revelation

SX - Masquerade, propably
Damnation - TEoF
Divine Wings - Divine Wings or The Accolade
TIO - Church of the Machine or Through the Looking Glass
V - Egypt
The Odyssey - The Odyssey or Accolade II
PL - Set the World on Fire or Revelation

Sorry, but had to go with two choices with most of them. If you want my most favourite, I guess I'll go with whatever I said first.

SX - Masquerade, propably
Damnation - TEoF
Divine Wings - Divine Wings or The Accolade
TIO - Church of the Machine or Through the Looking Glass
V - Egypt
The Odyssey - The Odyssey or Accolade II
PL - Set the World on Fire or Revelation

Sorry, but had to go with two choices with most of them. If you want my most favourite, I guess I'll go with whatever I said first.

Thats ok. I had a hard time choosing one song over the other on some albums too. Church of the Machine was a strong candidate against Through the Looking Glass.

SymphonyX - Masquerade
Damnation Game - Title track
Divine Wings - Title track
Twilight - Through the Looking Glass
V - The whole fucking album! (except for Absence of Light)
Odyssey - Title track obviously
Paradise Lost - I'm into orchestral music and nothing blew my mind in the last couple of years like Oculus Ex Inferni did. I truly wish it was the intro of a long epic track à la The Odyssey.

Selft titled - Been years since i've listened to this one, but I believe it's Masquerade
Damnation Game - The Edge Of Forever
Divine Wings - title track
Twilight - Lady Of The Snow
V - Rediscovery Part 2
The Odyssey - Awakenings
Paradise Lost - Revelation (Divus Pennae ex Tragoedia)

Symphony X - not sure, probably Masquerade just because
Damnation Game - A Winter's Dream
Divine Wings - The Accolade
Twilight in Olympus - Through the Looking Glass
V - Communion and the Oracle
Odyssey - Accolade II
Paradise Lost - Revelation

Here's my take

Symphony X - Absinthe and Rue
The Damnation Game - Saviiiiige CURTAAAIN Closes in on YOOOOOOO!!!!! (seriously I don't know because I never really liked damnation game but the riff is rad in Savage Curtain. The guitar solo in that song (@ about 2:28) is also very similar to the one in Eve of Seduction (the part with pinch harmonics and chromatic slide), please let me know if you notice this too)
Divine Wings of Tragedy - very tough but I have to go with Accolade
Twilight in Olympus - Through the Looking Glass, although Church of the Machine comes very close
V- too tough to answer because each song is just as awesome as every other in their own way (I do however really like Bird Serpent War and for some reason that track stands out a lot for me)
The Odyssey - The Odyssey
Paradise Lost - Walls of Babylon by far although the coolest part by itself is Seven from (3:40 to 5:35) the second guitar solo and bass solo are amazing

Tough, but this'd be about it for me I reckon...

SX- Don't know
Damnation Game- Edge Of Forever
DWOT- Divine Wings Of Tragedy
TIO- Through The Looking Glass
V- Rediscovery Pt II
TO- The Odyssey
PL- Walls Of Babylon

A Lesson Before Dying
A Winter's Dream
The Divine Wings of Tragedy
The Relic
Egypt
Wicked
Revelation

It's the most complex of the songs on that album and the most dramatic one, thats why I like it. I also like The Walls of Babylon,which also has that quality. Big, epic sound. Something between a horror film and a historical epic.:cool:

Revelation is a SymX song, so it definitely ain't bad. :cool:

However, I'm afraid I don't like it that much either. Don't get me wrong here. Musically it's nothing short of great, ESPECIALLY the instrumental parts. Still, for some reason it kinda bores me.

For me, it lacks that magic that tracks like The Odyssey have. That thing that keeps you really interested. Also, unlike those tracks, it gets more 'boring' after a few listens.

That's just me though (...oh, and Zach).

I have already mentioned “Sacrifice” being a bit limp-dick, but the following track “Revelation” is also pretty boring. And it’s like, nine fucken minutes long, effectively making it the longest and most tedious song on the album. However, it’s got that awesome bit at the end that segue’s perfectly into the song “Divine wings of tragedy” from the album of the same name. Oh, by the way, in case you didn’t catch it after listening, “Divine wings” is based on Milton’s “Paradise regained”, so this album almost acts as a prequel. And I forgot to mention, the intro to “Eve of seduction” sounds like a Stratovarius song, which just touches so many dicks.
:lol: