Which are 'ideal' or recommendable measures for a metal-amp room?

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Hello everyone

I'm planning to cover the four walls in my current 'office' space at the studio (to isolate and tame reflections) in panels with fiber glass and other materials (3 to 4 inches thick total, same as it's being done to a third room soon-to-be band practice rental space), and also change the door (common house bedroom door) into either 2 opposite custom-made doors with security locks and fiberglass and/or air space in between, or a thick (sealed) security metal door.

Even though I also work in there (it's not an empty room, there will be a computer desk, couple of chairs and gear) my concern is not to make it balanced for mixing, but primarily for mic'ing a 2x12 properly (perhaps 4x12 down the line) without worrying about external noise bleeding, or having volume limitations (I guess I can always wear earpieces and closed headphones if need be?).

The room is 10.3 x 10.6 ft wide (or 3.1 x 3.2 meters). Not long ago I was in another room -roughly twice as big-, but I moved because rent was a bit cheaper on this new one (both rooms are 2.5 meters tall, FWIW) .
I liked the amp (a small solid state I tried) on the previous room better, and now I'm worried that with the fiberglass panels all around, this new smaller room could become too small or 'boxy', or too dead for recording the cab (perhaps also voices).

What do you think about this? Any advice would be much appreciated :)