What's a good cheap bass amp for room practice?

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Hello all,

I need to recommend someone a good bang for buck, small bass amp for room practice, but tbh have no idea about bass amps (I plug mine straight to the interface or some multi effects rack).

Do you know of any brand or particular model that stands above the rest?

It's for a beginner, but I'd still like to recommend something with decent sound and hopefully also versatility (built in dist or some effects wouldn't be a bad thing).

Thanks much for your opinions!

Thanks much, indeed that looks like a great bargain and a good choice, though it seems too little for a bass sound maybe(?).. No idea really, because I haven't heard it in person, of course.
I was thinking about telling her to go for a medium room amp, something basic but with a more solid sound, and then a separate effects board.

Any suggestions?

The Yamaha THR10X is actually pretty decent. And its for Guitar and Bass. Messed with it at my guitar shop, much better than I expected them to be. Can also plug it into your computer via USB and record DI signal or Processed signal. I am considering getting one for practicing.

An old used Peavey TKO 65. Mine survived decades of abuse and can do ok with a drummer. You could use some plugins and reamp it out to the fx return