Recommend me a good bass dist/overdrive

S'funny, I really liked the TS-9 because it didn't fuck up the low end like a lot of other pedals.

Having said that, I don't crank the lows too much anyway. Whats the point? It just makes it harder to hear what I'm playing, muddys up the stage sound and the live mixer will probably just hi-pass it anyway.

Having said that, I don't crank the lows too much anyway. Whats the point? It just makes it harder to hear what I'm playing, muddys up the stage sound and the live mixer will probably just hi-pass it anyway.

Livesound is a lot different thing than studio, and stage sound is a lot different than audience sound. And the answer to your question: Beef.

That Sansamp setting sounds god awful :zombie:

Thats what I wondered too. I used the same battery on all of the pedals and the gain was maxed, so apparently it just doesnt crunch enough with passive pickups that are stocked in the B-50.

The bass overdrive is bad ass..Ive owned one for years and it holds like a champ!!! All my bass distortion i run with that

Thats what I wondered too. I used the same battery on all of the pedals and the gain was maxed, so apparently it just doesnt crunch enough with passive pickups that are stocked in the B-50.

Hmm the settings that im using atm are: Blend on full, level 12 o'clock, treble 10:30, bass 12 o'clockish, pres 2 o'clockish, drive 1:30.

My bass is also passive, see how it works for you. Tweak away!

Oh and the settings of your actual bass REALLY makes a difference, on my active EQ I need to roll the bass knob basically off. Can't say ive tried any other bass through my Sansy to compare however.

p26096h-b12a0d669ced5e1e3006784349ccb57c.jpg

I just got a HARTKE BASS ATTACK in the mail today. Was gonna demo it, but my dad called to let me know that his mom is dying with some sort of cancer.

.....will probably do a review thread for it later on when I get time away from assholes, dickheads, and bad luck.

This thing can be powered by PHANTOM POWER from your mixer or whatever, which seems like an amazing feature...

Haha, BASS ATTACK is the perfect name for a pedal you'd buy dude :lol: And the Sansamp Bass Driver DI can be phantom powered too, it does indeed seem like a sweet feature. Sorry about your grandma man!

does anyone has the Tech 21 VT Bass pedal ? i heard some clips on youtube and apparently it sounds really good

I have one and it is really good indeed, recommended.

the RAT is pretty cool too but you have to find a good one [ebay for older models]. they all sound quite different, and the latest ones are kinda nasty and thin...

+1 for the Tech21 VT then.