Which Band Was A Pleasant New Discovery?

Datis

Oct 15, 2006
As for me Metavenge was definitely a cool new discovery especially since Lance had sent me tracks from all the bands who were going to participate in the Fest so that my fellow DJs and I could promote the show for a month and a half on our twin Internet Radio stations www.powerhousemixradio.com and www.galacticworldradio.net . We have a 15 Hour Metal show every Sunday called The Chapel Of Metal and a lot of "Fest Tracks" were dished out during those Sundays but unfortunately, no Metavenge. So that was a cool discovery for me.

Also, Krucible. I had heard only two tracks that Lance had sent but to finally see them LIVE was entirely something else. I even left my position within the crowd just to tell my wife "I Love Krucible" :headbang:! I'll be waiting for that CD with great anticipation.

I am biased but i have to say SILENCED WITHIN, AETHERIUS, ASKA, of course KRUCIBLE, and SIX MINUTE didn't disappoint, and then there was MINDWARP CHAMBER WOW!!!!

As far as a suprisse, I have to say Halyon Way, they were really strong. I was also really impressed by Aetherius and Aska.

I knew what to expect from most of the others, so no suprises there.

However, one big, big suprise was how strong ALL the vocalists were. Usually, you get a few who can't cut it live without the in studio help. Not the case here...

Lance tore it up too, as did James and Ronnie out of VR.

At NMF everyone was really, really strong. For example, I thought George out of Aska sounded better (a little raspier) live than he does in the studio.

Just a really strong gig all the way around.

What a great lineup! It's very rare where there is a two day festival in which I am very impressed by all the bands.
The new discoveries that really stand out are:

ASKA : I loved George's voice...reminded me a lot of Bruce Dickenson. Also the synchronized headbanging ala Judas Priest, was very cool. I had to laugh when they played 'Valkyrie' and George pointed right at me and said "There's a Valkyrie!". Ha Ha!

Six Minute Century : My Texas buddy, SavaVIdude, was talking these guys up and down before the show....and they did not disappoint. Very cool.

Theocracy - I've said it before....these guys were my favorite of the weekend. One of the first things I did when I got home was order their albums. Lol. I should have bought them at the show, but I don't like to carry tons of cash on me, so I had to save my shopping for when I got home.

Overall, a great show! Looking forward to next year.

I'm glad you mentioned 2-Day Metal Festivals with great line-ups because two of the guys from LUNARIUM who didn't make it to the Fest due to their vocalist's illness, are putting a 2-Day outdoor MetalFest together, also in its 2nd year.

WARRIORS OF METAL II FESTIVAL will take place on Friday, June 5th and Saturday June 6th at Ernie's Place in Waverly, Ohio.

Originally there was supposed to be a Death / Thrash Metal Day and a Power Metal Day but now I hear it's gonna be predominantly Power Metal because that is our most common interest.

The confirmed bands so far are the following:

LUNARIUM (Waverly, OH, hosting and producing the show, signed to Farvahar Records)

RAVAGE (Malden, MA, just signed with Metal Blade)

ANCIENT CREATION (Kansas City, MO, signed with the Dutch label, Melissa Records)

ZEPHANIAH (Fort Wayne, IN, Indie Speed Metallers I discovered a year ago. If you liked THEOCRACY, you will LOVE these guys! Remember how the NMF II audience were so displeased with the Theocracy set actually ending? Well, when I invited Zephaniah to participate in Lunarium's first CD Release party in Cincinnati, we almost had a riot on our hands when their 30 minutes was done and they had to vacate the stage!)

HAMMER HORDE (Toledo, OH, Viking Metallers took the Ohio and Michigan Pagan Knights Tour by storm. Mastered their debut CD at FinnVox)

IPEKAK (Columbus, OH, These Death Metallers were an early confirmation)

AGE OF DISTRUST (Chillicothe, OH, up and comming band akin to Metavenge)

More bands to be announced soon and we are trying to get ASKA to Ohio for this show. At least George sounded pretty positive about it. I'll update this thread as I find out more.

Datis

I'm glad you mentioned 2-Day Metal Festivals with great line-ups because two of the guys from LUNARIUM who didn't make it to the Fest due to their vocalist's illness, are putting a 2-Day outdoor MetalFest together, also in its 2nd year.

WARRIORS OF METAL II FESTIVAL will take place on Friday, June 5th and Saturday June 6th at Ernie's Place in Waverly, Ohio.

Originally there was supposed to be a Death / Thrash Metal Day and a Power Metal Day but now I hear it's gonna be predominantly Power Metal because that is our most common interest.

The confirmed bands so far are the following:

LUNARIUM (Waverly, OH, hosting and producing the show, signed to Farvahar Records)

RAVAGE (Malden, MA, just signed with Metal Blade)

ANCIENT CREATION (Kansas City, MO, signed with the Dutch label, Melissa Records)

ZEPHANIAH (Fort Wayne, IN, Indie Speed Metallers I discovered a year ago. If you liked THEOCRACY, you will LOVE these guys! Remember how the NMF II audience were so displeased with the Theocracy set actually ending? Well, when I invited Zephaniah to participate in Lunarium's first CD Release party in Cincinnati, we almost had a riot on our hands when their 30 minutes was done and they had to vacate the stage!)

HAMMER HORDE (Toledo, OH, Viking Metallers took the Ohio and Michigan Pagan Knights Tour by storm. Mastered their debut CD at FinnVox)

IPEKAK (Columbus, OH, These Death Metallers were an early confirmation)

AGE OF DISTRUST (Chillicothe, OH, up and comming band akin to Metavenge)

More bands to be announced soon and we are trying to get ASKA to Ohio for this show. At least George sounded pretty positive about it. I'll update this thread as I find out more.

Datis

Sounds like a great time, but Testament is Kansas City that weekend.

Yeah, I know :erk:! But Testament is the only band I'd want to see that weekend and we're going to support Lunarium sharing the stage with Manilla Road and Zephaniah sharing the stage with either Destructor or another headliner at the Kansas City Power Metal Fest II on August 14th and 15th.

Waverly is just 3 hours from us and I want to see A LOT more bands on the Warriors Of Metal II roster than just Testament. I'm pretty sure they'll come to our neck of the woods sooner or later!

Datis

I was so anxious to see Krucible, I will not lie. I wish you guys played both nights. :D

Those that impressed us the most were Halcyon Way and ASKA. All the bands sounded great, but these 2 stood out for me. George Call was a really nice guy, we had a good conversation with him, stayed afterwards to buy their CD and the band members signed it for us. We'd like to see them again.

Yeah, I know :erk:! But Testament is the only band I'd want to see that weekend and we're going to support Lunarium sharing the stage with Manilla Road and Zephaniah sharing the stage with either Destructor or another headliner at the Kansas City Power Metal Fest II on August 14th and 15th.

Waverly is just 3 hours from us and I want to see A LOT more bands on the Warriors Of Metal II roster than just Testament. I'm pretty sure they'll come to our neck of the woods sooner or later!

Datis

I will definitely be at KCPMF, I was the taxi driver last year and probably will be again if you guys fly in.

Unfortunately flying is out of the question. We're spending a good deal to release the debut album of our Swedish Heavy Metal band, GALLOWS END http://www.myspace.com/gallowsend and will most likely drive to Kansas City in August, which is fine because then we can visit my Alma Mater (University Of Kansas) and also visit my best friend from my last year at KU.

I just got word that the Minnesota band, SEVENTH CALLING (Melissa Records, http://www.myspace.com/seventhcalling) and the North Carolina band HELLRAZOR (Heaven & Hell Records, http://www.myspace.com/hellrazornc) want to participate in WARRIORS OF METAL II :)! This line-up is shaping up to be a kickass roster. If I were you, I'd start looking for a way to get your butts to Ohio ;)!!!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records

Unfortunately flying is out of the question. We're spending a good deal to release the debut album of our Swedish Heavy Metal band, GALLOWS END http://www.myspace.com/gallowsend and will most likely drive to Kansas City in August, which is fine because then we can visit my Alma Mater (University Of Kansas) and also visit my best friend from my last year at KU.

I just got word that the Minnesota band, SEVENTH CALLING (Melissa Records, http://www.myspace.com/seventhcalling) and the North Carolina band HELLRAZOR (Heaven & Hell Records, http://www.myspace.com/hellrazornc) want to participate in WARRIORS OF METAL II :)! This line-up is shaping up to be a kickass roster. If I were you, I'd start looking for a way to get your butts to Ohio ;)!!!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records

I just graduated from KU in December. I look forward to seeing you guys in August.

Seventh Calling is a great band seeing them in May.:headbang:

ASKA was great to see live and just like Halcyon Way, they sure had their shit together nice an tight. I loved the synchronized headbanging ala Judas Priest :).

We are currently in talks with George to bring ASKA in as a headliner for the WARRIORS OF METAL II FESTIVAL in Waverly, Ohio. I saw a good number of Aska fans in San Antonio, but I wonder if there are any of you hardcore enough to follow them to Ohio?

Any takers?

ASKA was great to see live and just like Halcyon Way, they sure had their shit together nice an tight. I loved the synchronized headbanging ala Judas Priest :).

We are currently in talks with George to bring ASKA in as a headliner for the WARRIORS OF METAL II FESTIVAL in Waverly, Ohio. I saw a good number of Aska fans in San Antonio, but I wonder if there are any of you hardcore enough to follow them to Ohio?

Any takers?

Hmmmmm my oldest daughter is in Columbus Ohio, and being a new ASKA fan this might be a good excuse to go visit.

Ha ha ha! I like the way you think J-man ;)! That's what I did when we came down to San Antonio. We went to visit my cousin in Corpus Christi we had not seen since our wedding 5 years ago.

Can you reach out to the other ASKA fans and have them tag along too?

Ha ha ha! I like the way you think J-man ;)! That's what I did when we came down to San Antonio. We went to visit my cousin in Corpus Christi we had not seen since our wedding 5 years ago.

Can you reach out to the other ASKA fans and have them tag along too?

I am up for it...........

WOW! That is awesome Beast man! Now that is called dedication. Any more of you around? A Clone Army perhaps? We are trying to also bring in another two big bands to ensure a nice & big local crowd. That will be good for all the bands and for the Fest.

Try to get as many ASKA fans as you can together because this Fest will appeal to all who like Heavy, Power, Thrash and even some Death Metal for some of you more hardcore fans.

To keep track of the progress, visit www.myspace.com/womfest

With the help of our collective Metal community, we can make this a continually expanding MetalFest that we'd like to make a summer destination out of. Let's make it happen \mm/!

Datis / DJ Metal Daddy / Farvahar Records / Warriors Of Metal II Staff

Hi Everybody

The latest news from the Warriors Of Metal II Fest is that the Parma, OH Epic / Progressive Power Metal band ETERNAL LEGACY (Auburn Records) have been officially invited to participate in this summer's MetalFest. Check them out at: http://www.myspace.com/officialeternallegacy

These guys participated in last year's All Hallows Eve MetalFest II in Chillicothe, OH and wowed a good number of new fans from our area, so it'll be great to have them back.

The show is All Ages, like Nightmare MetalFest and there's on site camping available too, so bring your sleeping bags and other geer :)!

So far, I've only seen Liama and J-Man as the two brave souls who would come to Ohio to support ASKA at the Warriors Of Metal II Festival, are there any more brave Metalheads out there?