Which Band Was A Pleasant New Discovery?

I'd totally be up for it. Sounds like a blast to me. Hell, I'd go just for the name of the Fest.
WARRIORS!
WAR-RI-ORS!
WARRIORS ... OF METAL!
Ha Ha!

Chicago is not too far from Ohio. I'll see if I can round up a group and make a roadtrip.
May make a week long vacation out of it and go to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame again.
I was like a kid in a candy store last time I went. Cool stuff.

The lineup for this fest is shaping up pretty nicely.
Ancient Creation are a bunch of badasses....love those guys! They played Midwest Metal Anthem almost two years ago.
Zephaniah played here last summer and were very impressive.
"Gather 'round people and we'll tell you a story from the Book of Metal!"
Ha Ha!

And AKSA....well....Come on!
:)

Any idea what ticket prices might look like?
(Sorry if I missed it somewhere).

eppst1 a.k.a. Ed P. of the Heathen Crusade Forum, you absoloutely have to come dude. Thanks to your suggestion to The Crusader, Lunarium got to play at Heathen Crusade III and my wife and I (Farvahar Records) co-sponsored that show as well. I bet you'd get a kick out of HammerHorde of Toledo as well!

MetalSpice, if you can round up some of your diehard Chicago Metalheads and head down to our neck of the woods, that would be really awesome. I saw Ray Smith, drummer for Eden's Fall, the guy that puts the Midwest Metal Anthem together, at Nightmare MetalFest II and he said he said he was supposed to come down to San Antonio with Sacred Dawn's manager, Tom Wylde before he tripped over his dog and broke his foot. So he drove all the way down from Chicago to San Antonio all by his lonesome! That is freaking HARDCORE man! That was a long drive from Cincinnati where we are and Chicago is 6 hours north of us!!! And despite being the drummer of a Death Metal band, he was headbanging his butt off to Mindwarp Chamber!!! What a truely inspiring and dedicated Metalhead.

We need diehard Metalheads like Ray, MetalSpice, J-Man and liama (whose Overkill T-shirt the back of which says FUCK YOU from top to bottom and is in almost all my ASKA pictures ;)!) to travel to these Fests and support the bands we like. It's just like James Rivera said, we have to stick together and support eachother. Let's get a big supportive crowd coming to this show because we have every intention of expanding this Fest and bringing bigger American bands, and perhaps even European bands including our own band from Sweden called GALLOWS END (http://www.myspace.com/gallowsend) but that will only happen if we can get a large crowd going for this MetalFest for us to be worth bringing them here to the US.

I thank all of you in advance for your support and would like to see you again at the Warriors Of Metal II Festival in Waverly, Ohio, so keep spreading the word. I'll continue to post updates here for everybody to be informed of the latest news.

Rock On \m/

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
WOMFEST II Staff and Co-Sponsor

MetalSpice, if you can round up some of your diehard Chicago Metalheads and head down to our neck of the woods, that would be really awesome. I saw Ray Smith, drummer for Eden's Fall, the guy that puts the Midwest Metal Anthem together, at Nightmare MetalFest II and he said he said he was supposed to come down to San Antonio with Sacred Dawn's manager, Tom Wylde before he tripped over his dog and broke his foot. So he drove all the way down from Chicago to San Antonio all by his lonesome! That is freaking HARDCORE man! That was a long drive from Cincinnati where we are and Chicago is 6 hours north of us!!! And despite being the drummer of a Death Metal band, he was headbanging his butt off to Mindwarp Chamber!!! What a truely inspiring and dedicated Metalhead.

Ray is awesome. One of the most loyal and dedicated Metalheads in the scene, here in Chicago. Major kudos to him.
Looking forward to what he has in store for Midwest Metal Anthem this year.

And yeah....that dude is hardcore driving 24+ hours by himself.
It totally sucks that Tom couldn't make it to NMF. Just bad timing.
I told him I'd get him a Metal'd out biker wheelchair for the fest. Ha Ha!

Hey Everybody

I wanted to let you all know that we have officially confirmed ASKA to headline the first night of Warriors Of Metal Fest II.

Interestingly enough we have also confirmed the very first act of that day. The young Thrash Metallers from Circleville, OH called MUTILIST (www.myspace.com/mutilist) will kick off the Festival for us on Friday, June 5th which will culminate with ASKA's performance.

More news to come as they become available :)!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Warriors Of Metal Fest II Staff & Co-Sponsor

Hey Everybody

I wanted to let you all know that we have officially confirmed ASKA to headline the first night of Warriors Of Metal Fest II.

Interestingly enough we have also confirmed the very first act of that day. The young Thrash Metallers from Circleville, OH called MUTILIST (www.myspace.com/mutilist) will kick off the Festival for us on Friday, June 5th which will culminate with ASKA's performance.

More news to come as they become available :)!

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Warriors Of Metal Fest II Staff & Co-Sponsor

Wooooohooooooo ASKA, now i have to really try and come up.

liama (whose Overkill T-shirt the back of which says FUCK YOU from top to bottom and is in almost all my ASKA pictures ;)!)

You have to represent!!!!

BTW, me thinks I will be heading up for the fest. I am originally from State College, PA and have wanting to go home for a visit, so I think a two-for-one trip may be in order.:kickass:

Hey there Peeps

Here's another update and good news for all of you Traditional Heavy Metal fans out there who may need further incentive to travel to Ohio to see ASKA again....

We are waiting for word from North Carolina's Heaven & Hell Records who have expressed interest in Co-Sponsoring Warriors Of Metal II Festival with us (Farvahar Records), to sponsor our mutual choice of the 2 time Wacken veterans, TWISTED TOWER DIRE to headline the 2nd night of the Warriors Of Metal II Festival on Saturday, June 6th at Ernie's Place in Waverly, Ohio.

I'll update everybody as to the further confirmations as they become available.

Keep It Metal,

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Warriors Of Metal II Festival Staff & Co-Sponsor

Hey there Peeps

Here's another update and good news for all of you Traditional Heavy Metal fans out there who may need further incentive to travel to Ohio to see ASKA again....

We are waiting for word from North Carolina's Heaven & Hell Records who have expressed interest in Co-Sponsoring Warriors Of Metal II Festival with us (Farvahar Records), to sponsor our mutual choice of the 2 time Wacken veterans, TWISTED TOWER DIRE to headline the 2nd night of the Warriors Of Metal II Festival on Saturday, June 6th at Ernie's Place in Waverly, Ohio.

I'll update everybody as to the further confirmations as they become available.

Keep It Metal,

Datis
DJ Metal Daddy
Farvahar Records
Warriors Of Metal II Festival Staff & Co-Sponsor

TTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed. If we can manage to have both ASKA and TWISTED TOWER DIRE as headliners for Warriors Of Metal II, as Al Ravage ( RAVAGE (Metal Blade)) said to me, this Fest can be one of the best Traditional Heavy Metal Festivals in USA this year. We would be quite honored if that would come to pass.

Anybody else other than J-Man, Iliam, and MetalSpice would be willing to support us for this show?

Datis

It's now official Traditional Metal Fans :)!!!

The 2 time Wacken veterans of TWISTED TOWER DIRE will headline the 2nd night of the Warriors Of Metal Fest II on June 6th, in Waverly, OH.

I'll let everyone know the final line-up soon.

Datis

Warriors Of Metal Festival II Update...

DeadSea from Columbus cannot make the show.

Sacred Dawn has been contacted to take their spot. I'm hoping to hear from either Tom or Lothar today.

Stay tuned for more news.

Datis

Latest Update from the Warriors Of Metal Fest II:

Sacred Dawn from Chicago, IL (Nightmare Records) and Eternal Legacy from Parma, OH (Auburn Records) were confirmed last night.

One more band to go and then we're set :)!

Stay tuned...

Datis

The final band to be confirmed for the Warriors Of Metal Fest II is CATCH 22, signed to Italy's Metal On Metal Records. They will play direct support to ASKA on Firday, June 5th at the Ross County Fairgrounds near Chillicothe, OH.

The final line-up and set times will be announced shortly.

Visit the Fest's official myspace site www.myspace.com/womfest for the most recent blog updates and to purchase tickets.

Hope to see as many of you as possible. This is gonna be one awesome show and a headbanging good time :)!!!

Datis
Farvahar Records
WOMFEST II Staff & Co-Sponsor