Which BWP tracks feature Steven Wilson on back-up vox?

I hear him in the acoustic passage of "The Drapery Falls", methinks.

I instantly recognized the vocal change. That part's way too nasal to be Mikael. :p

That clean part on Bleak just doesnt sound like Mike at all, that was the only thing I really noticed though.

Speaking of Steven Wilson, Arriving Somewhere but Not Here, and the Sound of Muzac are beautifull songs wouldn't you say? I think it's hard to say who's clean vox I like better. I think Mike and Steven both have my favorite.

I really like the way their voices blend.

Anyways:
Bleak - "Devious moments in your eyes/Breath comes out white clouds with your lies"

Harvest - higher vocals in verse/ "into the orchard I walk fairly way past the gate/halo of death all I see is departure, mourner's lament but it's me who's the martyr"

The Drapery Falls - "Waking up to your sound again, and lapse into the ways of misery"

He might be in the end of The Funeral Portrait, but I really do not hear his voice...but yeah, I think that is it for his vocals

Benighted Joe said:
I'm not sure its only Wilson. Where have you read it?
Its a duet. He says the first line, then Mikael and him together sing the 2nd line. It repeats like that once more.

blimey said:
Its a duet. He says the first line, then Mikael and him together sing the 2nd line. It repeats like that once more.

I don't think so. Mike has that type of sound in his voice when he does high
notes. listen carefully. I compared with Porcupine Tree and Wilson definetely
has a more english accent aswell. But I could be wrong. I just want to know
where you've heard/read it.

Benighted Joe said:
I don't think so. Mike has that type of sound in his voice when he does high
notes. listen carefully. I compared with Porcupine Tree and Wilson definetely
has a more english accent aswell. But I could be wrong. I just want to know
where you've heard/read it.

No, he's right, it's DEFINATELY Steven Wilson. He sings the first line, Mike sings the 'reply'. Then again. And then they duet for the next bit. Definately.

Wilson's voice is naturally higher than Mike's. Mike, I don't think can hit the pitch that Wilson hits. Maybe with practice, but the live versions of Bleak that I have are Mike and Per (just Mike for the BWP tour boots I have), with Mike doing the high parts and Per doing the low parts. Mike sings it a good couple of notes below Wilson does on the record.

/me waits for Mike's inevitable response

Forest-of-October said:
That clean part on Bleak just doesnt sound like Mike at all, that was the only thing I really noticed though.QUOTE]

Thats what i thought after a couple of listens of the song. The voice sounded too high pitched to be Mike. Then i learned it was Steven WIlson and all the pieces fell together

RiffBoy said:
Is that a guessing from your part or have you heard him or Mike say it?

Well, it is a "guess"...but if you listen to Porcupine Tree, you come to recognize his voice and I think it is pretty clear that it is not Mike doing that part.

I think there is just confusion because of the way I typed it, when I said "first clean part" I did not mean the entirety of it...literally the first line.

And I do not think the second line is a duet, that is just two Mike's overlapping.

All of "you're close to the final word, you're staring right past me in dismay, a liquid seeps from your chest and drains me away" is Mike

and then it repeats with Steven (mist ripples 'round your thing white neck), Mike (and draws me a line), Steven (cold fingers mark this dying wreck), Mike (this moment is mine)

Hope that clears up what I said, I know it does seem like I meant all first clean section - sorry

Steve: Devious movements in your eyes
Mike/Steve: Moved me from relief
Steve: Breath comes out white clouds with your lies
Mike/Steve: And filters through me

Mike (with lower pitch mixed in the background): You’re close to the final word, you’re staring right past me in dismay, a liquid seeps from your chest, and drains me away

Steve: Mist ripples round your thin white neck
Mike/Steve: And draws me a line
Steve: Cold fingers mark this dying wreck
Mike/Steve: This moment is mine

that's how it goes, I'm pretty sure..the higher pitched parts are definitely Steve, otherwise Mike'd sing it that way live (he sings it in a lower pitch by a few steps)