Which concerts are you going to see?

Tranquillian

Svartmetallist
Oct 10, 2001
What concerts do you have planned for 2003 so far?

I am planning to see these bands:

January 26th:
Arch Enemy + Corporation 187 at Debaser/Stockholm

February:
The Haunted + support, Klubben/Stockholm
Paradise Lost + support, Klubben/Stockholm
HammerFall + support, Arenan/Stockholm

June:
Close up magazine festival, Stockholm

August:
Wacken open air, Germany

I'm planning to see Nile, The Berzerkers, Strapping Young Lad, and this band called "Dark Tranquillity" on the 22:nd of January in Hollywood, California, USA. Ten days and counting...

you know, i keep repeating myself i want to see a lot of shows this year, of many different bands and styles of music. the main problem with this is that i have absolutely no idea who could i go with, since all my friends in the area are either:
a. not in the area anymore
b. too lazy to be bothered
c. not interested in certain kinds of music
d. prone to vanish in thin air.

so i'm desperate looking for someone who's willing to come to no matter what gig. is there anybody here that can help? miolo? hiljainen?
hedon? :p

rahvin.

i'd come with you at gigs, rahvin. ;)
but the band who plays is an important thing, you know, i don't like going to a concert just to go to a concert. :p

by the way, the only one planned so far is Symphony X ( :headbang: ) with Stratovarius ( :loco: ).

Miolo (selective)

Originally posted by Miolo
i'd come with you at gigs, rahvin. ;)
but the band who plays is an important thing, you know, i don't like going to a concert just to go to a concert. :p

ah, but i do. :p
we can set up a nice little compromise where i go with you at tedious slow-motion gigs such as those of prog metal bands like symphony bu and then you come with me to see energy-packed punk and electronics music shows. :)

...i feel i just alienated one of my possibilities... :s

rahvin.

Finally, I'm not going to see Masterplan (did I say Masterplan? I wanted to say Jorn Lande, simply). Since NostradaEmus opens the show, and Hammerfall is the head of the gig, Masterplan will play just a bunch of songs and sincerely... I don't want to get annoyed agaaaaain with that fuckin' Manowar fake. I'm becoming a man who attends to the gigs just to see perfrom live the second or third band in the show!

@Rahvin: Symphony X... slow-motion?! :lol: But anyway, that gig has the requirements you asked for: it's a show, no matter who's playing there. :)

|ngenius (A tragic victim of Stratovarius and Hammerfall)

Originally posted by |ngenius
@Rahvin: Symphony X... slow-motion?! :lol: But anyway, that gig has the requirements you asked for: it's a show, no matter who's playing there. :)

yes, yes, i knew you'd be siding with the prog metal freak, you oil-lacking robot. :p
besides, i'm ok with seeing that show. but still nobody's gonna take me to see afi or diorama or eminem. :cry:

rahvin.

This month, the only metal show I'm attending is Opeth / Paradise Lost; the rest of the month is nothing but obscure blues performances in seedy, smoky dives :)

But next month? The Nile tour in Poughkeepsie, Philadelphia and NYC and the Malevolent tour in Buffalo & Cleveland.

Stockholm-dude: what's the date on that Haunted gig? My roommate just married a Stockholm-dude and will be coming over on the 20th -- is she there in time to catch that show?

Arch and CoB for sure, haven't checked Haunted's setlist yet, hm... Got a feeling that they just might stop by here in town.

8 Months short for Haunted, wouldn't you know it. Just great, hrm, age-limit makes sense anyway since it's a clubgig.

Hmmm, let's see, I love these threads...

Jan. 19 - Opeth/Paradise Lost/Tapping The Vein
Jan. 31 - Opeth/Paradise Lost/Tapping The Vein
Feb. 11 - Nile/Napalm Death/Dark Tranquillity/Strapping Young Lad/The Bezerker
March 7-8 - NJ Metal Meltdown V (feat. Grave, Darkane, Behemoth, Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Nile, Impaler, Seven Witches, Withered Earth, All That Remains, Exciter and more)
July 13-14 - Tuska Festival 2003
July 31-Aug. 2 - Wacken Open Air 2003 (feat. Iced Earth, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Nile, Malevolent Creation, Kataklysm, Running Wild and more)
Fall 2003 - ProgPower USA IV

and Iron Maiden, whenever & wherever they're playing in the northeastern USA.

Originally posted by TexunNYC
the rest of the month is nothing but obscure blues performances in seedy, smoky dives :)

hey! that sounds like fun. :D

there's a place called Bugsy's in Highland, IN where Ronnie Baker Brooks (son of Lonnie Brooks) plays regularly on Thursday nights. i might try to catch one of those shows before he packs up and goes to FLA for a few months. ;)

also, have you ever heard of Papa Chubby? :D WXRT, a local radio station here has a show called Blues Breakers every Monday night. last week I heard a track from PC's album, The Good, The Bad, and The Chubby, ( :lol: ) called "Somebody Let the Devil Out". it's a slower blues/rap song with some faint scratching in parts and some AWESOME lyrics - funny and poignant at the same time. it's a must-hear.

"Somebody let the devil out and it'll take a long shoe to kick him back down to hell..." :loco:

edit: hasty lunchtime typos