Which concerts are you going to see?

Originally posted by rahvin
yes, yes, i knew you'd be siding with the prog metal freak, you oil-lacking robot. :p
besides, i'm ok with seeing that show. but still nobody's gonna take me to see afi or diorama or eminem. :cry:

rahvin.

Well, skipping the part about my little problem with my oil(that wasn't a thing to expose here, *snifff*), I'm the one who will attend to these gigs with you (yes! even to the eminem one!), always that you come here to pick me up. Come on, my friend, I'm awaiting, but my patience won't last endlessly. ;)

|ng (Haha.... ha)

Let's see...so far for sure:

Opeth/Paradise Lost: Jan. 27th in Chi-town

Nile/Napalm Death/Dark Tranquillity/Strapping Young Lad/the Berzerker: Jan. 31st in Chi-Town

I would LIKE to see Children of Bodom in Austin, Texas in March...but that's gonna be a tough one to swing.

You know, I do have a lot of "metal" friends, but I also have some friends that like ska and punk and all sorts of shit. So, my concert going experiences tend to be varied...I am an open-minded girlie:D . I think the funniest thing that happened to me last year was when I went to go see an Alanis Morissette show wearing an In Flames shirt...you wouldn't believe how many people came up to me and threw up the horns yelling "In Flames, hell ya!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by ShadowLioness
I think the funniest thing that happened to me last year was when I went to go see an Alanis Morissette show wearing an In Flames shirt...you wouldn't believe how many people came up to me and threw up the horns yelling "In Flames, hell ya!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool! it sounds like you had a better experience seeing Alanis vs that time you told me you had at The Strokes show in Milwaukee. :eek:

I'm supposed to be seeing the Dark Tranquillity along with SYL and etc in Santa Ana at the Galaxy Theatre which it says on DT's web site. However, on Galaxy Theatre's site, DT aren't listed as playing. Anyone know anything about this? They didn't get bumped in favor of Voivoid did they?

Originally posted by |ngenius
Finally, I'm not going to see Masterplan (did I say Masterplan? I wanted to say Jorn Lande, simply). Since NostradaEmus opens the show, and Hammerfall is the head of the gig, Masterplan will play just a bunch of songs and sincerely... I don't want to get annoyed agaaaaain with that fuckin' Manowar fake.
i'm not going to see Masterplan as well. :cry: since i have an exam the day after, i guess it's not a good idea. :rolleyes:
but i wanted to go. i wanna see God live at least one time in my life, even if his band supports HammerFall. :loco:

@rahvin: where are these guys playing? (afi and diorama) ;)

Miolo

Originally posted by wildfyr
cool! it sounds like you had a better experience seeing Alanis vs that time you told me you had at The Strokes show in Milwaukee. :eek:

YES, what a difference a having a different crowd will make! Though I did get separated fom my friends, again *sigh*, I had an absolutely wonderful time...it was such an ethereal experience:D

:worship: Alanis

I gotta stop openly conversing about the "un-metalness" side of me:bah: :lol:

Of course I know who Poppa Chubby is . . . when I first moved to the city (in '95), he was still, primarily, a Westchester-based artist and performed regularly at the kickin Cajun restaurant two blocks from the house I was staying at while looking for my permanent digs, up in Yonkers.

These days, my interests are more in the vein of '90 year old blind black guys' where blues are concerned (guess it is time to take a trip down to the Mississippi Delta, eh?), but there is something of an underground movement here in the city of metal/jazz/blues crossover artists -- like Alex Skolnik, Paul Mastion, etc -- and, at some point in time, I'd like to hear what they're doing as well . . .

And, for the record, I'd like to beat every member of the Stokes senseless, myself. Them and their stupid hip-and-trendy hangers-on have ruined my favorite watering hole :yuk:

I strongly wanted to see MASTERPLAN but I cannot stand another Hammerfall gig...
No plans for the next future... A nice dream would be seeing Finntroll with a recovered Katla (best wishes for him :wave: )

@Miolo: My mission in life has been done, since I've seen Lande performing live, hehehe. And the Millenium stuff was quite more ellaborated than the Masterplan one, imho.

|ngenius arrives to Torino, and someone kicks his ass out from the cab. He sees nobody around him. His oil is in a low level and he desperately needs a dwarfish helping hand. Where are you, Rahvin? Eminem, get ready! :devil:

|ng.

Rachel: glad you had fun. hope you make it to Austin for some METAL :)

TexunNYC: i knew i would probably not spell the band name correctly. i haven't any discs of theirs nor have i searched the Web for info on them yet. i figured you may have been familiar with them since i'm assuming they're NYC-based. cool song! :)

as for the MD. erm, i dunno. i was just down in that neck of the woods recently. it's good to visit with family, etc, even under such circumstances (a death in the family), but coming home is good. :) even if it's -5 below. (feckin cold!)

@|ngenius: can you see the "mole" (the building, not the animal) from where you are? if you can, just look at the pic i posted in the "pictures of your homeland" thread and get to the building opposite to the entrance of the parking lot. i'll be waiting right here until 2pm. :)

rahvin.

|ngenius has walked a long way since he's in Italy. He's looking for written signals of any kind of civilization. And he has finally found something to read: "Welcome to Rome". Aaaaaaaaarghhhhhh, Raaaaaahhhhhviiiiiiiin!!!! :( *sniiiiiffff*

|ngenius (Disoriented)

@|ngenius: hang on there, you're getting closer to hyena's place, at least. just wait till she tells you how to get to where she lives... come to think about it, given hyena's sense of direction, you'll find yourself in sicily in a couple of days. ;)

rahvin.

Allright, I'll look for someone with an hyena physical appearance. It seems to be easy, I don't see so many animals running freely in the streets, except dogs or cats. And I'm learning a lot of the italian customs. In Rome, there are men in public places flirtering with every girl that passes by. Curious, this is a warm place for an over-obssessed robot, indeed.

And I've visited a little town where the people have a dead corpse as the saint of the town. People go to visit "him" in order to offer their gifts and be blessed by the corpse. You, crazy italians.

Hyena? Hyenaaaaaa, where are yoooooou?

|ng (And the story goes on...)

27/01/2003 : Sum41 / Brussels
31/01/2003 : Taproot / Kontich
01/02/2003 : Garden Of Decay + No-Lokost / Noville
16/02/2003 : Satyricon / Vosselaar
21/02/2003 : Garden Of Decay / Wavre
01/03/2003 : Paradise Lost + Samael + Cathedral / Antwerp
02/03/2003 : Medication / Verviers
05/03/2003 : Opeth + Madder Mortem / Vosselaar
21/03/2003 : Apocalyptica / Antwerp
26/03/2003 : SYL + Devin Townsend + Zimmers hole / Vosselaar
04/04/2003 : The haunted / Vosselaar
17/04/2003 : Cradle Of Filth - Brussels
20/04/2003 : No mercy fest (Testament, etc...) / Antwerp
27/04/2003 : Oomph + Evereve + Subway to Sally / Antwerp
03/05/2003 : Children Of Bodom + Soilwork / Antwerp
July 2003 : Graspop Festival / Dessel
August 2003 : Wacken open air / Germany
Summer Breeze / Germany

I will be f******* broke in september!!!!

:headbang: