Which concerts are you going to see?

I'd really love to go to W:O:A 2003... I wasn't there last year, so I think it's about time I return. :) The bandlist though needs a little adjustment... umm, I don't know, perhaps a certain Swedish band starting with the letter D...?! ;)

-Lamia
who actually should be at her English class right now :rolleyes:

thank you. :)
i might enjoy gamma ray, malevolent creation, rage and running wild. but i'm not sure i want to listen to so much power metal all in a (steel) row. it'd of course be different if a certain band were there, granted...

rahvin.

@rahvin: here are the confirmed bands (so far): QUEENSRYCHE, CHILDREN OF BODOM, SAXON, DESTRUCTION, UDO, PAIN OF SALVATION, NILE, CARPATHIAN FOREST, SHAMAN.

if i'll go, come with me (us, actually)! i thought that my implicit invitation was understandable from my previous post. :rolleyes:
if you want to come with me (us, actually), of course. ;)

Miolo (us, actually)

@miolo: well, actually... i'd be more tempted to accept your kind offering if there was some band i actually like. ;)
i would surely like to see children of bodom, carpathian forest and pain of salvation, but only so as to try very hard to kick their butt, which might or might not be compliant with the purpose of your travel.

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
i would surely like to see children of bodom, carpathian forest and pain of salvation, but only so as to try very hard to kick their butt
i'm fine with kicking children of bodom and carpathian forest's butt. ;)
but don't dare to do it with pain of salvation, you fool. :mad:

:p

Miolo (hoping that iron maiden will be headliners)

I'm going to see Iron Maiden in June when they come to Helsinki. :p

Actually, I haven't learned to worship that band like some people do... they're ok though. I'm going to see the gig only because my boyfriend (hate that word! :mad: ) bought two tickets. Tarot is a much better band IMO.

-Lamia

Originally posted by rahvin
where's wacken bandlist? and is it final?
it's not that i think of actually going there, but i could toy with the idea for about one week. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

It's nowhere near final rahvin. It's about 1/2 final, even if they get rid of 1 of the 4 stages (as is rumored to be happening). If I could speak German, the Wacken official forum lists a bunch more of the bands they've approached or are approaching to play.

It's safe to say that most of the remaining bands that will be added will be of the death/melodic death/viking/black metal genre. Unless I'm mistaken, Wacken normally announces the power metal bands first, since that's what sells like mad in Germany.

@rahve: c'mon. saxon must be one of the funniest live events in this universe. how old are they? 75? i can't remember a single song title of theirs, even though i used to love one album of which, of course, i don't remember the title :)

h

I'm hoping I can make this concert:
NYC February, 22, 2003

Divinity Destroyed
The New Mexikans
Sapphic Ode
Cyanide Breed
Grey Skies Fallen
Novembers Doom
Divine Silence

Originally posted by hyena
@rahve: c'mon. saxon must be one of the funniest live events in this universe. how old are they? 75? i can't remember a single song title of theirs, even though i used to love one album of which, of course, i don't remember the title :)

h
:lol:
this is true. and think about udo. :rolleyes:

Miolo

just let me rock! :headbang:
denim and leather brought us all together
it was YOU!.... lalalalalala

Behemoth is coming to the US (NJ) in March. :OMG: i probably won't be going to that particular show but i _hope_ they head a little further west for a few more shows. :D

about Gods of Metal: it will be in two days, with Marylin Manson ( :loco: ) headlining on saturday and Whitesnake (with the reunion of the original lineup) on sunday. also Motorhead have been added to the list.

i wanted Iron Maiden. :cry:

Miolo