Which Guitar Player will rule PPVII

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
I was just sitting at home last night feeling sorry for myself, cause Tammy Z had told me earlier she was going to see Sonata Arctica. So i broke out the CDs by all the bands at PPVII, except EPICA haven't received it yet. So iwas listeing and it hit me. DUHHHHHH which one of these guitarist will amaze and bedazzle everyone at PPVII. So here is my list in Order from first to last.

1. MATTIAS "IA" EKLUNDH - FREAK KITCHEN:hotjump:

2. PIET SIELCK - SAVAGE CIRCUS :worship:

3. TOKE SKYONNEMANND/MICHAEL KAMMEYER - PYRAMAZE:headbang:

4. TOM ENGLUND/HENRIK DANHAGE - EVERGRAY:headbang:

5. LOOMIS/SMYTH - NEVERMORE:worship:

6. KATSIYSANNIS/ PAPAEMMANOUIL - WASTEFALL:hotjump: (these two will be the biggest surprise)

Now remember this is just my opinion, i know there are some guitar players out there that will disagree with me, and that's okay, i just want to see who everyone likes.:hotjump:

Heh..... I should be happy that Gamma Ray isn't playing this year, otherwise I MIGHT tend to agree with you! I really think IA is going to floor everyone. He may not be balls out shred ALL the time, but he is somewhat of an innovator.
I'd love to see a Freak Guitar clinic in the meeting room at the Granada!

Also, Chris Broderick of Jag Panzer is an incredible talent

The opinions here are based 100% on my Freak Kitchen bias.....:)

J-Dubya

dargormudshark said:
PIet plays bass you retards! Also, everybody who is putting people above Loomis and Smyth (besides IA) also have a power metal pipe lodged in their temporal lobe.

Mattias "IA" Eklundh
Loomis/Smyth
According to all press releases, Piet and Emil both play guitar, so i am assuming they have either a session bass player or a new member. Just and observation. Granted Loomis and Smyth are awesome, i still, in my opinion, can't rate them above Piet, IA, Toke, Micheal. But that is just me.:headbang:

dargormudshark said:
PIet plays bass you retards! Also, everybody who is putting people above Loomis and Smyth (besides IA) also have a power metal pipe lodged in their temporal lobe.

Mattias "IA" Eklundh
Loomis/Smyth
From Savage Circus forum:

SAVAGE CIRCUS - FAQ

1. Who is SAVAGE CIRCUS?

Current Line-up:

Drums - Thomen Stauch
Vocals - Jens Carlsson
Guitars - Emil Norberg
Guitars - Piet Sielck
Bass - TBA
Keys - TBA

J-Dubya 777 said:
Heh..... I should be happy that Gamma Ray isn't playing this year, otherwise I MIGHT tend to agree with you! I really think IA is going to floor everyone. He may not be balls out shred ALL the time, but he is somewhat of an innovator.
I'd love to see a Freak Guitar clinic in the meeting room at the Granada!

Also, Chris Broderick of Jag Panzer is an incredible talent

The opinions here are based 100% on my Freak Kitchen bias.....:)

J-Dubya

I have to say, I'm very much looking forward to seeing/hearing Freak Kitchen's guitar-player after having read a lot of the hype over him.

And to think once upon a time I could have taken lessons from Smyth.

I personally think IA will be the best guitarist at this years fest, if any of you have heard his solo Freak Guitar albums you would understand.

Bear

dargormudshark said:

Mattias "IA" Eklundh
Loomis/Smyth

i was born with a power metal pipe lodged in my temporal lobe :D

haha, my post was in no order, i was jsut stating the 4 guitar duo's who would be the best...however, if you want to go drummers...THOMEN!!!!! :headbang:

Loomis/Smyth

and then Mathias.

And sorry Mark, I have to disagree. Leaving aside my fanboy-side of Angra and talking as a guitarist, I think Kiko and Rafael do a better job as a duo than Gamma Ray's Kai and Henjo.