Which is betteer.... classic Accept or new Accept ?

Let's be 100% honest here.......................

Are there truly any old school ACCEPT fans who would say they prefer the modern ACCEPT to the classic era?
I mean, would any old school fan even give a rat's ass about any modern form if it wasn't for their already existent liking of the classic era?

It's really going to be the new ACCEPT fans who got into them only once they became active again who is going to prefer the new era because it is "their" era of the band.

That's not at all to say there is anything wrong with new ACCEPT.
It's just kind of weird to even suggest that anyone would care about "modern" ACCEPT without the "classic" ACCEPT.

Yep....The one and the same, just a little South of the Walden Bookstore, IIRC......

Hrmmm...
I recall the Walden actually being South of Woolworth, as it was more towards JC Penneys.

I had worked many places in Golf Mill during high school, though that was after it had converted to indoors.

Did you grow up in the Niles or Des Plaines area?

Ever go to the Mill Run Theater?
I think they may have had a couple concerts there, though I had only been there for childrens plays.

It's just kind of weird to even suggest that anyone would care about "modern" ACCEPT without the "classic" ACCEPT.

This makes no sense to me.....
People care about 'new' bands all the time, and if there were no 'classic' period Accept, only 'modern' Accept, people would still give them well deserved attention. The new records are very, very good.

Old still takes the cake for me.

Hrmmm...
I recall the Walden actually being South of Woolworth, as it was more towards JC Penneys.

I had worked many places in Golf Mill during high school, though that was after it had converted to indoors.

Did you grow up in the Niles or Des Plaines area?

Ever go to the Mill Run Theater?
I think they may have had a couple concerts there, though I had only been there for childrens plays.

You could be right about Walden, I haven't been there since it was an outdoor Mall. I spent a year + in the south end of Northbrook, near the NB Glenview border, at Salem Walk Apartments (when they were newly built)while my folks were waiting for their Buffalo Grove condo to be built. That was like 7th grade for me, used bike down to Golf Mill for stuff. I saw plenty of children's plays at Mill Run, but the coolest thing I ever saw there was Cheech n' Chong doing their standup routine there in78 or 79......I still can't believe my Mom dropped off a couple 8th graders for that show. God bless her soul! :)

People care about 'new' bands all the time, and if there were no 'classic' period Accept, only 'modern' Accept, people would still give them well deserved attention. The new records are very, very good.

You really think Nuc Blast would have signed ACCEPT as a brand new band?

If so, you completely misunderstood my point, and are just replying based on your passion for recently discovering this band.

This has NOTHING to do with people getting into NEW bands.
It has to do with "classic" VS "new" ACCEPT. Don't even remotely put "new" ACCEPT in the category of a new band that would have been given an ounce of attention without its preceding history.

You could be right about Walden, I haven't been there since it was an outdoor Mall. I spent a year + in the south end of Northbrook, near the NB Glenview border, at Salem Walk Apartments (when they were newly built)while my folks were waiting for their Buffalo Grove condo to be built. That was like 7th grade for me, used bike down to Golf Mill for stuff. I saw plenty of children's plays at Mill Run, but the coolest thing I ever saw there was Cheech n' Chong doing their standup routine there in78 or 79......I still can't believe my Mom dropped off a couple 8th graders for that show. God bless her soul! :)

I work RIGHT by there... :)

Small world!

Don't even remotely put "new" ACCEPT in the category of a new band that would have been given an ounce of attention without its preceding history.

The words of someone who hasn't heard the past two Accept records.

And FYI, jackass, I've known about Accept for YEARS. BttW was one of the first metal vinyl records I ever bought when in high school/early college (can't remember) I stumbled upon the LP motherload at a thrift store....BttW, Melissa, Killing is My Business, Thunder in the East, Motorhead & Bomber, and other classics for a buck a piece. Back when you were still raving about Dark Metal.

You really think Nuc Blast would have signed ACCEPT as a brand new band?

If so, you completely misunderstood my point, and are just replying based on your passion for recently discovering this band.

This has NOTHING to do with people getting into NEW bands.
It has to do with "classic" VS "new" ACCEPT. Don't even remotely put "new" ACCEPT in the category of a new band that would have been given an ounce of attention without its preceding history.

Yes, Nuclear Blast probably would have signed Accept as a new band, if the old had never existed, the new albums are that good.

First off, I have heard enough of each of the most recent ACCEPT albums to know they are solid.
Nowhere did I indicate that they were not solid.
I just will never agree that ACCEPT, or any reformed band, would be given attention had it not been for their previous workings.

To suggest that bigger labels would sign them prior to constant touring otherwise is absurd. Sorry.....

I stumbled upon the LP motherload at a thrift store....BttW, Melissa, Killing is My Business, Thunder in the East, Motorhead & Bomber, and other classics for a buck a piece. Back when you were still raving about Dark Metal.

You started with some good ones, esp Bomber......

I raved about dark metal when it was still an exciting sub genre.
Unfortunately, not too much from that scene has excited me in a while, though I haven't really been seeking it out too much.

So much random douchbaggery in this thread...one doesn't know where to begin when it comes to debating Accept...sigh...

Let's be 100% honest here.......................

Ehhhh....... Jasonic. I had a hard time following that. Maybe I had too many beers...........

I love both equally. However, I probably wouldn't be into Accept as much now if I didn't know them "then" because they have the same style. Accept still has the "Accept sound."

Bryant

Great reply. Accept shouldn't be accessible to only old farts. The new Accept pretty much kicks ass compared to other modern stuff as well.

Bryant