U.D.O. for PPVI

VENOM4188 said:
My first exposure to the band back in 83, still can;t beat oh the record/cd starts

Ha ha ha I know all too well...... Hidee Hidoe Hida... Hidee Hidoe Hida..... Hidee... Hidoe ...Hidaa.... a...a....a...a...a. AAAARRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!! Chunka Chunk Chunka Chunka Chunka....... they were one of a kind ! My first exposure was Metal Heart though.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Ha ha ha I know all too well...... Hidee Hidoe Hida... Hidee Hidoe Hida..... Hidee... Hidoe ...Hidaa.... a...a....a...a...a. AAAARRGGGHHHHHH !!!!!!! Chunka Chunk Chunka Chunka Chunka....... they were one of a kind ! My first exposure was Metal Heart though.

Bryant

yep, I made a copy of my vinyl to bring it to school to play it for my buddies and they were like this :OMG:

I just want to chime in and say.....UDO's 'Animal House' is indeed a killer album! Excellent guitar work on this album, both in songwriting and solos, etc. No filler either, every tune is simply great. Definitely worth owning. And of course we can't forget the unique gruffy performance of UDO with some of this most melodic work to date :)

One of the all time GREATEST guitar sounds recorded on Balls to the Wall IMO... often imitated, rarely duplicated...

Listen to BttW Andrew. Since you're a budding guitarist, you should appreciate the incredible "CRUNCH" of the guitar tone...

I gotta agree with Shane here, BttW's guitar sound is insane. Tonal genious if you ask me.

One of my greatest memories of any concert, ever, was seeing Accept (I want to say opening for Dio in the mid-80's) and hearing 15,000 people chanting "uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uh uhhhhhh" during BttW. Spine tingling it was. They sound great live, would love to see UDO.

Shane DuBose said:
One of the all time GREATEST guitar sounds recorded on Balls to the Wall IMO... often imitated, rarely duplicated...

Listen to BttW Andrew. Since you're a budding guitarist, you should appreciate the incredible "CRUNCH" of the guitar tone...

I'm taking lessons from Rusty now!!!! :headbang:

Back to Accept I like it except the backing vocals get on my nerves :erk:

dargormudshark said:
I'm taking lessons from Rusty now!!!! :headbang:

Back to Accept I like it except the backing vocals get on my nerves :erk:

BttW is considered by many their masterpiece, but I don't think the title track is the best song on there by any means. You might want to search for a song called "Love Child." It is also from the BttW releases. Cool stuff. Greast guitar riffing.

Bryant

Metalmilita2000 said:
Hey I like Dimmu's Version, just as i like Dimmu's Version of Twisted Sister's Burn In Hell.

Brent

I'm not a big fan of Dimmu, but they really were very tasteful with their cover. Though it had the dirty vox, the song still had the same "vibe" as the Accept original and the guitar work was nicely done as well.

Bryant

MetalAges said:
I just want to chime in and say.....UDO's 'Animal House' is indeed a killer album! Excellent guitar work on this album, both in songwriting and solos, etc. No filler either, every tune is simply great. Definitely worth owning. And of course we can't forget the unique gruffy performance of UDO with some of this most melodic work to date :)

Yep the guitar (all of the music) smoked because it was all Accept, under the UDO moniker. Accept wrote and recorded all of those songs to help kick-start UDO's solo career. UDO's touring band rocked too though. I like several UDO releases, but "Animal House" was his best to me.

Bryant

Bryant said:
BttW is considered by many their masterpiece, but I don't think the title track is the best song on there by any means. You might want to search for a song called "Love Child." It is also from the BttW releases. Cool stuff. Greast guitar riffing.

Bryant

Ball to the Wall was good but nothing compared to the godly Restless & Wild :headbang:

VENOM4188 said:
Ball to the Wall was good but nothing compared to the godly Restless & Wild :headbang:

Well you and I agree BTW wasn't their pinnacle, but I prefer "Metal Heart". You wanna slug it out or just drink a beer and discuss it ? Me personally..... 999 times out of 1000 I would want to drink a beer. I was once good at "slugging it out. Now I am better at talking it out..... unless you are a Ravens fan. >:p~

Bryant

Bryant said:
Well you and I agree BTW wasn't their pinnacle, but I prefer "Metal Heart". You wanna slug it out or just drink a beer and discuss it ? Me personally..... 999 times out of 1000 I would want to drink a beer. I was once good at "slugging it out. Now I am better at talking it out..... unless you are a Ravens fan. >:p~

Bryant

Ravens fan, hell no...I personally love the Raiders~!~!!!

VENOM4188 said:
Ravens fan, hell no...I personally love the Raiders~!~!!!

Ha ha ha I was only picking at you. I am a pasivist, until I strap on pads and at 36 years old, my days of strapping them on are pretty much behind me. : ( Die hard Steelers fan here. Of course you know first game of the season is Raiders and Steelers. You guys have a good running back too. You picked up the former Steeler, Amos Zeroue.

How to I get this back on-topic ? ......... Hmmmmm.... fave U.D.O. song... "Lay Down the Law." Rock !!!

Bryant