U.D.O. North American Tour 2013

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=87966 :

German metal band U.D.O., featuring former Accept singer Udo Dirkschneider, have confirmed that the band will tour North America this April. This marks Udo's return to the United States and Canada after a very long drought. U.D.O. is supporting its latest LP "Rev-Raptor," released in 2011 through AFM Records.

Support acts have not yet been announced. Confirmed dates are as follows:

04-09-2013 USA-Amityville, NY - Ollie's Point
04-10-2013 USA-New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
04-11-2013 USA-Poughkeepsie, NY - The Chance
04-12-2013 CDN-Montreal, QC - Foufounes Electriques
04-13-2013 CDN-St-Ferdinand, QC - Style Metal
04-14-2013 CDN-Toronto, ON - Mod Club
04-17-2013 USA-Janesville, WI - The Back Bar
04-18-2013 USA-Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
04-19-2013 USA-Westland, MI - The Token
04-20-2013 USA-Joliet, IL - Mojoe's
04-21-2013 USA-Seattle, WA - Studio Seven
04-23-2013 USA-West Hollywood, CA - Whisky-A-Go-Go

I was just wondering yesterday if UDO would play the states. If I can work out the logistics I would certainly hit up a show. If anything further north (in the US) than NY gets announced, for sure.

I was just wondering yesterday if UDO would play the states. If I can work out the logistics I would certainly hit up a show. If anything further north (in the US) than NY gets announced, for sure.

Poughkeepsie would be your best bet unless you want to go to Quebec..

I saw UDO with ACCEPT, but if I talk about it I will be accused of being someone who was around in the 80s who brags about getting to see all the cool bands and tours.............. LOL

For the record, I'm not jealous at all. I know you will find this blasphemous, but I'd much rather prefer Tornillo to Udo any day of the week.

Not at all.
Completely different vocal style.....

UDO's voice is definitely unique and takes a while to grow.

I remember the first time I heard CIRITH UNGOL, I was like, "What??? How the heck does someone sing like THAT"?? Then after a few months it really clicked.