U.D.O. North American Tour 2013

HALCYON WAY is the opening band on that tour as it seems. I don't know them a lot. Not too crazy about their use of extreme vox, even though I can tolerate it...

BTW, U.D.O. just had another change in the band. Long-time guitarist Igor has left the band after 15 years. He has been replaced by Kasperi Heikkinen (from Finland), who is also the guitarist of the band MERGING FLARE, who released a good album last year. So, with Stefan Kaufmann also backing from the band for health reasons (replaced by the Russian guy Andrey Smirnov), that means 2 new younger guitarists in the band. Maybe it'll inject some new ideas in the songwriting.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming tour and to see Mr. Dirkschneider live for the first time. And 2 nights in a row!

http://www.udo-online.com/

I'd have to agree with this one.

Nothing against his backing band, but that's like saying you actually care who plays bass on the next Doro album or rhythm guitar for the next Blaze Bailey album. It just isn't really news. Sorry.........

You join a band like that, you know what type of player you are.

Simon - Did you see the lineup for the Chicago show for this?
That's going to be one hard sell!

Nothing against his backing band, but that's like saying you actually care who plays bass on the next Doro album or rhythm guitar for the next Blaze Bailey album. It just isn't really news. Sorry.........

I'm afraid to ask, what's the lineup now? i'm still going though. Don't know if he'll ever tour the states again.

For me, when Stefan Kauffmann stepped out because of health reasons, that was news, because he was the main writer of the band, and also the producer. He was responsible for the sound and style of the band since 1997. So, to have him leave might have a big impact on the sound of the band. Yes, Udo's voice is obviously the main point, but the guitarists are important too. Having Igor leaving is less news, but he was still there for 15 years and his exit means 2 new guitarists that come into the band in less than a month. I thought it was worth mentioning.

For me, when Stefan Kauffmann stepped out because of health reasons, that was news, because he was the main writer of the band, and also the producer. He was responsible for the sound and style of the band since 1997. So, to have him leave might have a big impact on the sound of the band. Yes, Udo's voice is obviously the main point, but the guitarists are important too. Having Igor leaving is less news, but he was still there for 15 years and his exit means 2 new guitarists that come into the band in less than a month. I thought it was worth mentioning.

You would be making a VERY big assumption that a majority of anyone purchasing a ticket to see UDO live is doing so in hopes of hearing UDO solo material. Sorry, but its a fact.

I would seriously doubt that the majority of folks going to see UDO would even know how many solo albums he has released.

sounds like someone is bitter they couldnt get thier band on that show?

Not at all.....
Not hard to get on a MoJoes show. Just weren't available... LOL

Doesn't change the fact that the majority going to that show wanna hear ACCEPT tunes.
Just a fact.

I mean, "I wonder who is playing bass on the next UDO", was said by no one, ever...........

You would be making a VERY big assumption that a majority of anyone purchasing a ticket to see UDO live is doing so in hopes of hearing UDO solo material. Sorry, but its a fact.

I would seriously doubt that the majority of folks going to see UDO would even know how many solo albums he has released.

I for one would be very disappointed to only hear Accept stuff. I want to hear a majority of U.D.O. material, even more with Accept active again. I don't think I'm alone on that. U.D.O. the band is active since 1988 or so and has released quality discs, at least until 10 years ago. I'll admit that last ones are a bit more of the same. But Faceless World, Solid and Holy are excellent albums, among other good ones.

I am not saying his solo stuff is bad by any means.
i am just saying that you would probably be in the vast minority of folks in the crowd who are as familiar with his solo material.

I am not saying his solo stuff is bad by any means.
i am just saying that you would probably be in the vast minority of folks in the crowd who are as familiar with his solo material.

That just makes you a bitter old queen.

There are UDO fans out there. Who gives a fuck what you think?

Wow. After reading this and your other dumbass postings in the Lounge, I have come to the conclusion that not only are you a troll, but also an ignorant cock.:fu:

A cock, though I may be, but I will always be an UDO fan.

Always defending the faith...whilst you may feel free to go fuck yourself...

Rock on!