which is the best band of rock&roll

well one need go no further than the Rolling Stones. The 5 albums released between 1968 and 1973 are simply amazing. ANY metal fan should appreciate some of the heavy, dirty blues tracks found on "Sticky Fingers", "Exile On Main Street", "Beggars Banquet", "Goat's Head Soup" and "Let It Bleed". Simply a great era from a great band.

Personally I'd vote for Status Quo. Unlike boring bands like Acdc they show you don't have to have repetitive, unoriginal, simple riffs to play old time rn'r.

SoundMaster said:
well one need go no further than the Rolling Stones. The 5 albums released between 1968 and 1973 are simply amazing. ANY metal fan should appreciate some of the heavy, dirty blues tracks found on "Sticky Fingers", "Exile On Main Street", "Beggars Banquet", "Goat's Head Soup" and "Let It Bleed". Simply a great era from a great band.

I am definitely in the minority when I say that the Rolling Stones are the most overrated rock band in history. Their music is boring, their playing skills are non-existent, and their songwriting is lackluster at best. When I want to hear some good "bluesy" rock, I turn to Aerosmith or even Pink Floyd. Go ahead and rip on me, but I say fuck the Stones.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I am definitely in the minority when I say that the Rolling Stones are the most overrated rock band in history. Their music is boring, their playing skills are non-existent, and their songwriting is lackluster at best. When I want to hear some good "bluesy" rock, I turn to Aerosmith or even Pink Floyd. Go ahead and rip on me, but I say fuck the Stones.

Fair enough. I'd agree that their playing skills are below par. But I disagree concerning songwriting, which is their strength. 70s Aerosmith is great, but it's a poor man's version of the '68-'73 Stones.

Fredy_Brown said:
Hm I think Manson did an uprgrade for what Alice has been doing before him, I don´t like his music much (except Dragontown) but I respect him.

Marilyn Manson is just a talentless fag looking for attention.

I don't think anyone will ever be able to debate this with me, Led Zeppelin wins. Hendrix didn't have enough time, and the Beatles aren't as straight up rock and roll.