Which is your favourite guitar solo?

Some of my faves-
Into the Dragon's Den-Michael Romeo, Symphony X
Tornado of Souls-Marty Friedman, Megadeth
Wasted Years-Adrian Smith, Iron Maiden
Red Barchetta-Alex Lifeson, Rush

and far too many more...

I agree about Under A Glass Moon. The Arch Enemy solo in The Immortal is also fuckin awesome. All Carcass songs have great solos as well. And I also gotta mention The Crowns solo in Crowned In Terror.

ADS said:
Anyone remember Jason Becker? I'd defintely have to call just about anything he did as a favorite solo. In particular though... the one that stands out would be "Mabel's Fatal Fable" from Jason's "Perpetual Burn" CD. Starting about 1 minute into that song... holy crap... that CD was made like 16 years ago, and still, to this day, I can listen to that and be amazed. No guitarist has ever touched Jason Becker, in my opinion. His talent was in a whole different universe.

Of course I remember Jason Becker!!!
Perpetual Burn is a masterpiece for guitar heroes albums!!

I would also add Iron Maiden guitar solos on "Phantom of the Opera"...

The ending solo from "Rivers Dancing" off the self-titled Gordian Knot album.
This would be on my list as well. Ron Jarzombek is unbelievable.

let's see if there's any fans of these..

Gamma Ray - Strangers in the Night
Gordian Knot - Rivers Dancing (ending jammy solo)
Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
Running Wild - When Time Runs Out (this solo, to me, personifies 'rock and roll')
Running Wild - Treasure Island (actually, the entire song is a riff masterpiece)
Styx - Blue Collar Man (this was the first guitar solo I ever heard that I loved)
Rhapsody - March of the Swordmaster (one of the most anthemic things I've ever heard)

I'm sure theres a lot of others I'm forgetting..

maudlin of the Well - Birth Pains of Astral Projection, Blight of River Systems
Necrophagist - basically anything
Kronos - Collosal Titan Strife

I have a lot more.

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Caught Somewhere in Time, Powerslave
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley, Crazy Train, Believer
Guns N' Roses - November Rain
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven, Black Dog, Whole Lotta Love
Judas Priest - Painkiller, Electric Eye, Metal Meltdown, One Shot At Glory, A Touch of Evil
Metallica - One, Fade To Black, Master of Puppets
Van Halen - Eruption

Dr. K said:
I think that one of the most beautiful and complete guitar solos included in a song is John Petrucci's (Dream Theater) "Under a glass moon".

But there are maaaany more...

I also love the last one in Learning to Live, the solo in 5 magics by Megadeth is awsome, I love the end solo in Orphaned Land's song Halo Dies

3 solos which stand out as being the best:

Nothing matches the build up, the relevant sound, the technical Brilliance like the Stairway To Heaven solo.

Powerslave comes in a close second and even has a better progression but lacks on technical brilliance which Stairway To Heaven has.

Deep Pureple "Highway Star" is the ideal minimal guitar solo, simply an arpeggio progression but the speed and parts which have been added are just amazing.

Other notable solos:
for speed - Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
epics - Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys & Halloween

Short and sweet:

Judas Priest - Painkiller - Glenn's fucken solo.
Fates Warning - Pirates of the Underground - The solo near the end...
Helloween- Halloween - Every solo