Which is your favourite Opeth album cover?

Deliverance/Damnation
Still Life (reissue)
Morningrise

Again as mentioned 6000 times already.......WATERSHED????????????????

MAYH. It's such an awesome cover because it's not a centrepiece photo or anything. It's not something you would take a photo of and frame it, yet it sets the mood for the album perfectly. Ditto with the Damnation/Deliverance covers.

For me, it has to be Morningrise.. something so eery about it. Props to MAYH for seemingly having no substance, which is like the album itself in that you need to really give it some time to get through the layers and experience the beauty.

Pointless question: My copies of Orchid, Morningrise and MAYH are the reissues (with bonus tracks) and the CD is just black with the songs written in standard capitalised white font. It just seems lazy and uninspired unlike let's say the Deliverance CD style. Is this how the CDs looked when originally released?

Morningrise and Ghost Reveries are my faves. The cover for GR really shows the mood of the album without being too complicated.

Question, what exactly is the MAYH cover of? I never really fully understood what's going on in that pic. Is it trees with a river going down the middle? I also don't really get what the cover of BWP is either...

^ it looks precisely like what you said, but also, i noticed there seems to be a figure standing right in the center of the picture...never noticed that before.

The MAYH cover is probably my favorite.

Blackwater Park, when I saw that album cover for the first time I knew the album would kick ass, and yes the music complimented it nicely. I also like the mysteries of the Still Life cover, and the Deliverance cover is weird... that room is spooky and the doll looks like Mikael.