Which Katatonia Live DVD Do You Like Best?

Katatonia DVDs. Which ONE?!

• Total voters

Lyre's Harmony

Lunatic Soul
Sep 14, 2009
Title really says it all, on the eve of their 20th anniversary shows in which one will most likely be recorded for a DVD, its a good time to say which of their others you prefer and why.:loco:

For me, Black Sessions has a supirior setlist and Live Consternation was a better performance. In LC, the whole band is more confident for sure and they tweak some things in the songs that make me really happy I have the cd copy, like Jonas doing the unharmonized Cold Ways Chorus' in the high octave. On the other hand: I Break. Deadhouse. For my Demons. I am Nothing. Dispossession. Chrome. Nerve. M U R D E R. Cant really deny that many of my fave songs are in this set and probably never be played live again. Its really close for me, but I think I prefer BS a bit better because of the atmosphere (small crowd indoors) and the how young the band looks:cool:

Last Fair Deal Gone Down to be released DVD/BD (hopefully with 5.1 mix). :p

I'll have to second Black Sessions, though. It's more personal, that's why I like it more even if the band does not consider it as important.

The Black Sessions. Even if just for Murder, it's the better setlist by far.
I adore it, it was my first big step into Katatonia's music. But since I've been to Zaandam that weekend I'm looking damn forward to that new live output. I mean... Brave!