You choose Katatonia's set

scott89

Scotatonia
Oct 26, 2006
Northern Ireland, UK
Scenario:
Katatonia are playing a headline show near to where you live and they ask you to choose the 15 song setlist for them to play...

what would your set be like?

mine would be:
1) Dispossession (the intro plays for a couple of minutes before the band come on)
2) Will I Arrive
3) My Twin
4) I Break
5) Teargas
6) Deliberation
7) Chrome
8) Soil's Song
9) Tonight's Music
10) Help Me Disappear
11) Wait Outside
12) Deadhouse
_________________________________ (Encore)
13) July
14) Evidence
15) Murder

Argh. I tried a few times here to make a setlist, but I either try to be realistic and don't include old songs or new ones they wouldn't play, or I just make up a dream setlist and I realise it looks stupid with all those oldies and a couple of recent ones :p

yeah well i tried to mix it up abit. thats why most of the songs in mine are songs they would usually play in sets but i threw in some other ones like wait outside, help me disappear, will i arrive etc

1. Distrust
2. Dissolving Bonds
3. A Darkness Coming
4. Deadhouse
5. Day
6. For My Demons
7. Dispossession
8. Complicity
9. In The White
10. Last Resort
11. Cold Ways
12. The Future of Speech
13. Rusted
14. Dancing December
15. Inside the Fall

that would be mine.

1. I break
2. Soils song
3. Deliberation
4. Tonight's music
5. Criminals
6. In the white
7. The itch
8. Disposession
9. Passing bird
10.Ghost of the sun
11. Follower
12. A darkness coming
13.Teargas
14. Omerta
15. My twin

encore: :p

16. Sleeper
17. Deadhouse

Argh. I tried a few times here to make a setlist, but I either try to be realistic and don't include old songs or new ones they wouldn't play, or I just make up a dream setlist and I realise it looks stupid with all those oldies and a couple of recent ones :p
Same problem here, haha. My list would be full of oldies mostly. I don't think they would want to play it :p

Same problem here, haha. My list would be full of oldies mostly. I don't think they would want to play it :p

i got zumthin for ya! u show up with this on and we just might!!!

Vintage&

Vintage&

:lol: Haha, well that sounds like a great deal to me, Mariana :)
Before I opened it I thought of sexy underwear....

but back to topic..
I would like them to play "chrome" again. That's a really powerful song. If they play it with the new tuning maybe it will be even more powerful

1. Instrumental / I Break
2. Deliberation
3. Teargas
4. My Twin
5. For My Demons
6. In Death, A Song
7. Clean Today
8. A Premonition
9. July
10. Tonight's Music
11. Saw You Drown
12. Evidence

Encore:
13. O How I Enjoy The Light
14. Code Against The Code
15. Unfurl

denim%20b%200601.jpg
Haha ok ok, we've got a deal then. I take your word!

@scott89: yes, all that you mentioned, specially something from BMD and DODS, plus something from DO, TD and LFDGD, which I think got more chances to hear than a BMD, DODS or earlier stuff... unless, of course, I go to the show wearing that jacket...

I'm sure they will pick a fine set list for the next tour. Only thing I would say is maybe change Murder to something else from BMD or DODS :)

And it would be an honor if Jonas picked me out of the crowd to join on Without God.

Oh what a dream.

:lol: Haha, well that sounds like a great deal to me, Mariana :)
Before I opened it I thought of sexy underwear....

but back to topic..
I would like them to play "chrome" again. That's a really powerful song. If they play it with the new tuning maybe it will be even more powerful

it was a triumph though :heh:

Triumph.jpg

Scenario:
Katatonia are playing a headline show near to where you live and they ask you to choose the 15 song setlist for them to play...

what would your set be like?

mine would be:
1) Dispossession (the intro plays for a couple of minutes before the band come on)
2) Will I Arrive
3) My Twin
4) I Break
5) Teargas
6) Deliberation
7) Chrome
8) Soil's Song
9) Tonight's Music
10) Help Me Disappear
11) Wait Outside
12) Deadhouse
_________________________________ (Encore)
13) July
14) Evidence
15) Murder

ill put up my list later after some deliberation(har har har). but i just had to say your first choice, Dispossession(again the song that got me started on this wonderful band) would be a absolutely phenomenal intro choice, especially how you said the intro would run on.....

I'm sure they will pick a fine set list for the next tour. Only thing I would say is maybe change Murder to something else from BMD or DODS :)

And it would be an honor if Jonas picked me out of the crowd to join on Without God.

Oh what a dream.

I just hope they will have Asia tour :lol: that will be fucking great:kickass:

Kev, you can just go on the stage and take over Jonas mic and sing without god while they playing July :lol: